Is there anyone with life with sjogren’s syndrome experience to help me with some advice for I am recently being diagnosed with this disease and so far I haven’t developed no serious condition affecting my vital organs but still I am having hard time dealing with dry mouth and dry eyes. But despite these problems I also have some digestive problems manifested in heartburn accompanied by acid taste like in my mouth and persistent nausea sensation followed by whatever I eat almost. I am actually afraid of further sjogren’s syndrome complications since I am familiar with the possibility of developing further health conditions due to my current disease so I would like to hear what is the best life approach with sjogren’s syndrome? Thanks!

You haven’t mentioned whether your sjogren’s syndrome is the result of some other underlying condition such as lupus or scleroderma but I suppose you are actually diagnosed with primary sjogren’s syndrome and if so life with sjogren’s syndrome would be much simplifier for the chances of getting some more serious arthritis or rheumatoid conditions are somewhat reduced. Anyway I am also diagnosed with the same disease 10 years ago and since recently I have developed joint pain and swelling and that is why I am now taking aspirin to reduce my inflammation and joint pain and am recently advised to start with taking some corticosteroids for that is how I am suppose to slow down my joint damage and also I know that drug called hydroxychloroquine is effective in treating rheumatoid arthritis especially if the inflamed joints are involved but are not effective in patients with dryness problems. Anyway I also have digestive problems due to the sjogren’s syndrome which is usually caused by dryness of the mouth as the result of saliva lack and in general lack of the saliva may lead to dental cavity as well as to the heartburn and acid taste in the mouth –that is why I am taking some enzymes along with evoxac that provokes increased saliva production of certain mouth glands. Anyway taking meds is not the only way to manage good life with sjogren’s syndrome so it has something to do also with your lifestyle so my advice is live healthier-stop smoking and have regular exercise, try to take more fluid and if your skin is extremely dry apply moisturizer daily and also increase humidity in your environment and take an extra care of your oral hygiene for patient’s with sjogren’s syndrome are at increased risk of getting dental cavities.