Hello. I'm very worried about my second son. He is only 8 years old but already giving us a lot of headaches. We are experiencing big difficulties in controlling his temper and behavior.
Recently, his teacher called us to visit her in school.
She told us that she recommends he could talk with school psychiatrist because she also ha big problems with him.
School psychiatrist told us that he suffers from some attention deficit disorder and that he should use some Ritalin for some time. What should I know about this drug? I would also like how does this Ritalin look like?

I'm very sorry about your son but- if this means anything- it is very common behavior disorder among kids his age.
Ritalin is one of the best drugs on the market for this ADHD disorder. It belongs to the group of medications called central nervous system stimulant and it can really focus a child on right things.
Ritalin has proven to be a safe and effective medication. What’s most important- if used properly- it doesn’t cause addiction! You asked about the look of pills. I've found out that Ritalin is available in 5, 10 and 20-milligram tablets and the pills typically are white or yellow in color and you could easily mix it up with other medications so you must be careful!