Hello, folks. I have a son who has been diagnosed with rickets. Now, I am carrying another child and soon I will give birth. However, I am wondering whether my unborn baby will also have rickets as my other kid. What can you tell me about this? I will be very grateful for all your opinions.

Hi. The main responsible factors for rickets are the lack of sunlight and the lack of vitamin D. Perhaps, your kid didn’t have enough vitamin D in his diet. You mustn’t make the same mistake with your other kid. There is a small number of hereditary rickets cases. It is also known as X linked hypophosphatemia. Here, kidneys cannot retain phosphor. I don’t know whether this is the case in your family. You should discuss this with your doctor. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

You wont know for a while. I myself have rickets and mine is hereditary . I got it from my dad . He got it from his mom, and so on and so on. My children have a 2 out of 3 chance of getting it from me. I am the middle child of my family and neither my older or younger brother has it. I would recommend going to your specialized doctor, they help a lot . I go to Standford. Wonderful Staff.