Hi, my doctor told me that I probably have lack of calcium and vitamin D, and that I’m in risk of getting osteoporosis. A year ago, my friend was prescribed vitamin D, 25-hydroxy test, and now, I am considering it.

Hi, as I remember, the results of vitamin D absorption test can vary from 10 to 68. Lower then 20 means that you have lack of vitamin D. This is a serious condition, because it is usually related to calcium deficiency, which is a cause for many diseases. Not only that you can have problems with teeth, nails and hair, but you can get bone disorders such as osteoporosis. That’s why vitamin D test is so important. It is used to determine bone weakness, bone malformation, or abnormal metabolism of calcium. You should get more exposure to sunlight, and eat more food like nuts and seeds, green leafy vegetables and milk. Many doctors recommend DHEA for bone loss, it should be good.