Hello, folks. I have read something about vitamin A deficiency. I would like to know what fruits are rich of this vitamin. I would like to prevent the deficiency in time. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance for replying. Bye, folks.

Hello, there. You are thinking in a good way. It is better to prevent the disease than to cure it. There are various foods with this vitamin. When we talk about fruits, mangoes are rich with this vitamin. However, vegetables are also rich with it. Those are: sweet potatoes, carrots and leafy green vegetables. Animal food is also rich with this vitamin. Try with eggs, fortified milk, liver, beef, chicken, etc. I hope this will help. Bye!

Vitamin A refers to a family of similarly shaped molecules: the retinoids. Its important part is the retinyl group, which can be found in several forms. In foods of animal origin, the major form of vitamin A is an ester, primarily retinyl palmitate, which is converted to an alcohol (retinol) in the small intestine.