Hello, good people. My friend has been suffering from vitamin d deficiency. If I understand him well, it is somehow caused by an autoimmune process. I was wondering if this is possible. I always thought that the lack of vitamins in the diet brought to the deficiency. Wouldn’t you agree with me?

Hi, there. You have asked a very interesting question. This is the subject of many researches. Many of the experts ask whether vitamin D deficiency is the cause or the result of autoimmune process. It seems that a low level of vitamin D in patients with autoimmune disease is rather a result than a cause of disease. However, there are some hints that supplementing this vitamin can exacerbate the autoimmune disease. This is a very complex question and I recommend you consulting an expert. I cannot tell you a final reply. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!