Hi, guys. I must tell you at the beginning that I suffer from no disease. However, I would like to stay in that way. Official medicine does not offer a lot of solutions for preventing a disease. I have heard someone mentioning naturopathic medicine, but I am not quite sure what it is. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Hello. I have read something about naturopathic medicine. It has a natural approach to the health and healing. It also emphasizes the integrity of whole person. Healing is realized through stimulation, enhancement and support of the healing capacity of a person. They say that symptoms are only a way of body's fighting against illness and therefore symptoms should not be suppressed by therapy. It is the cause that should be identified and removed. Physicians should heal a whole person. Modern medicine could learn something from these approaches. I hope you will find some benefits of naturopathic medicine. Bye!

Hi!
I am actually extrememly interested in Naturopathic medicine, and am in teh process of becoming a Naturopathic Doctor myself. I am suffereing from some health conditions right now that my primary physician just kind of cast aside because she doesn't know how to treat me. I found an MD in my area who practices naturopathy and funcional medecine. She has given me hope (not told me that there is nothing I can do) she told me where this all started and how I can fix it. Now it is not going to be an overnight cue. That is why some people o not like Naturopathic medicine. Everyone expects quick results because we asd a society are pill happy and taught that every little pain is bad. Not true! Every little pain is your bodies only way of telling you that something is out of balbance with your body. Naturopathic physicians can go over your history and tell you what stared your helath problem and how to fix it. They say that for every year of illness you should expect at least one month before you feel better. Naturopathic physicians are very big on preventative medicine. For example alot of the disease in my family that I am genetically predisposed to is all inflammatory (as most disease is) so I am off of dairy and red meat (I can have goat products and rice milk though and I occasionally have buffalo burgers they taste just like hamburgers but are way better for you and have no chemicals). Naturopathic physicians treat you as a PERSON give you as much of their time as they can (I cannot ell you how many times my dr has called me bck at the end of the day and stayed on the phone with me for a half an hour to see how I am doing). Instead of treating peole woth drugs and essentially "slapping a band aid" on your problem they get to the root of it. AMericans don't generally like to be told to completely change their lifestyle, eating habits, sit down to eat, chew food thoroguhly, eat organic, meditate and slow down thoguh! :-) Generally people find their way to a Naturopath only after they are pretty ill. So it is wonderful that you are healthy and looking into it!!! Definately go see one, they can look at your history and tyour familys history as well as your lifestyle and let you know their reccomendatuions to keep you healthy for many more years!!