Hi, a couple of days ago I came down with a cold. I am very frustrated with the fact that this happens to me very often. I am sick and tired of taking the same antihistamines and cough expectorants every time I get a cold. Please tell me is there a more natural way to fight this infection? Are there some homemade naturopathic remedies that can help me?

Hello, the symptoms of a cold can be very annoying and can interfere with normal everyday activities. Naturopathic medicine offers an alternative way of treating this and other diseases. The naturopathic doctors use natural substances to treat illness. The naturopathic medicine concentrates on preventing disease and encourages the body’s self healing abilities. The first step in treating a cold is to try and keep immune system sharp and ready to respond properly when germs attack. This can be achieved by changing unhealthy dietary habits. Eat balanced diet, try to restrain from smoking and take supplements of vitamin B complex, vitamin A, vitamin C, and zinc. When cold does attack, naturopathic doctors try to enhance the symptoms’ activities and allow body to fight back. Eat spicy food to clear nasal passages. Finally, one of the most famous naturopathy treatments is hydrotherapy. The basic idea is that the application of hot and then cold moisture to the body can improve circulation and stimulate your immune system to fight the infection.