Hello! My brother stutters a lot. He is very unhappy about it and I don’t know how to help him. He is always embarrassed to talk with other people and there are some children who tease him constantly and make him feel even worse. I think my mother doesn’t understand the severity of his condition and she thinks this will resolve on its own. Can stuttering be cured?

Hello! There is no cure for stuttering. If the stuttering problems persist in your brother’s case he should undergo speech therapy. He will learn techniques which will help him overcome his difficulty and to speak normally and fluently. You parents should play a significant role in helping him to overcome a stuttering problem by offering support and encouragement.

Hi there,
Stuttering is a disorder that can affect someone’s life in grate manner. I know that approximately 5% of children in younger age can develop stuttering. How old is your brother? Has he ever been to some kind of therapy for this condition? This is very serious condition for development of a child. When did he started to stutter? I know that some traumas can cause stuttering and the fact is that stuttering is more common in boys than in girls. Sometimes the stuttering can be caused by brain injury, like stroke or some other trauma to the brain. There is no known treatment for stuttering but some therapies can help resolve this issue faster.
Best wishes,
Marco