Hello! I noticed my son begun stuttering a little when he was four. Our pediatrician told us to wait and see how the situation would develop. He also told us this was most probably temporarily since mild stuttering disorders were common in children at the age of two to five. But, the stuttering persists. I would like to know more about stuttering treatment.

Hello! There are many techniques that can be learned and can be very helpful to overcome difficulty and to speak normally and fluently. Children who undergo speech therapy learn new language skills that enable them to speak more clearly and naturally. The speech therapy includes breathing and relaxation techniques voice exercises. Also, children are encouraged to monitor and control their rate of speech by speaking short sentences very slowly and then gradually build up to greater speeds.