Hi, I have a problem with my eight years old daughter. She goes to school where the teachers don't have the time to dedicate to working with students one on one. Because of this I am forced to explain to my child anything she did not understand at school. The problem is that I have problems with teaching. She can not understand half of the things I am saying. Are there some teaching methods I can use so that these sessions become more pleasant for me and my daughter?

Hello, I have had a similar problem with my son. Whenever I tried to teach him something, he would have trouble understanding what I say. I would get frustrated and start to yell, he would burst into tears and that would end the teaching session. In time I realized that my ten years old son does not think like me and that the examples and words I have used have only confused him. After all, he was just a child and I was explaining problems to him like he was a grown up. The secret of successful teaching is lowering yourself to your child's intellectual level. Use examples from her everyday life. Simplify the sentences you are using and most importantly be very patient. If you don't get the hang of it the first time, don't worry. It is all a matter of practice.