So here is my problem,

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 9 months, and about a week and a half ago he went to another state for training to be a truck driver (he needed a job) and is not supposed to be back till the end of Feb (sucks, but we thought we could handle it). Well last Sunday night something really strange happened to him. 

I'm pagan, and he listens to me when I talk about it and he has a basic understanding of it and kind of agrees with me when I say that I believe he is a medium (someone who can communicate with the dead). He has conversations with his dead grandfather (and other random people) all the time, but that isn't the problem. 

On Sunday he called me before going to bed with a very strange question, he asked me if ghosts could be orange, and I asked him why. He then explained to me that there was a ghost standing at the end of his bed with an orange glow around it. I told him to tell the spirit to come back later when he could provide more of his attention to it and we hung up. Well around 1 am that mourning I get another call from him... only this time he is speaking fluent Spanish  Now my boyfriend isn't what I would call bilingual in any form. But he was speaking to me in fluent Spanish. I said his name over and over again trying to get him to wake up so I could ask what was going on and he just kept on speaking in Spanish. Well towards the end of the conversation he kept repeating this one sentence over and over, and while I don't know what he was saying I do know what one of the words was, Diablo, or devil. Needless to say I was freaked out. 

Since then he has been having overwhelming urges to hurt, torture, or murder random people (and he isn't a violent person). He also has severe mood swings, he will go from being okay, to yelling at me and accusing me of all sorts of random things that aren't happening. He even talks differently when his mood changes. When he goes through those episodes he blacks out. I told him to start writing everything down, the feelings he is having, the visions, and what the voice is telling him to do. 

I tried to get him to preform a water purification act on himself, and he said that in the middle of it he just lost control and started to try and drown himself. He told me that the thing in him said that if it went, it would kill him on the way out. That he was its 'fish' and I was the 'pearl'. 

I am really worried about him and am way out of my league here, I need help... please

I know I'm going to sound mean, but you need to call 911 before he hurts himself or others. Have him sent to the hospital for a psych evaluation. From what you posted it does sound like schizophrenia or even hallucinations from someting like drugs or a mischemical imbalance in the brain, but I'm not a psychiatrist. I hope I have helped you?

That's the thing though... it just happened randomly. Everything was fine till last Sunday, then BAM. Can chemical imbalances really happen that fast and so severely? I thought they took time to get this bad. He had no symptoms prior to this...

I hear voices and see things. Lucky mist of them are positive but one. Uk that 10 % of the population hear positive voices and see things? But the are able to live a happy life coz the voices are good. U should worry if the voices get negative and tell him to hurt himself ANd others like one of my voices did. I'm on Latuda wich is an anti psychotic wich helps with anxiety and hallucinations, visual and auditory. Idk if he's schizophrenic. He would need to see a mental professional. Just ask him about it and if the hallucinations are negative it's best to see some one. If they are positive , it's ok. Go to this website, hearing voices network. It puts hearing voices And visions in a good light . Ok I hope this helped ! Please let me know! Best of luck !