I"ve been taking provera for about a year. It allows me to have a period with out it I don't. Last month threw me for a loop. I didn't have a period last month but it did come on the first of May and stayed on for 6 days. I called my doctor and she said keep taking the provera so i did I have to take it the first 14 days of the month every month. Now my period went off on the 6th and now I have finished my provera for the month. My question is How can I have a 2 period in one month so close together. I'm cramping now so I know something is going to happen but I just finished my period 6 days ago. %-)

It is possible to have the two periods one after the other. The second one that you had was sort of a 'make up' period which I know is highly unusual. Have you actually started your period yet or are you speculating that you are going to have one? I think it's a good idea to wait a bit to see if you actually do have one. If so, talk to your doctor. You might want to talk about a different birth control pill. Keep us posted!