Hello, good people. My friends’ kid suffered from diabetes. I even think he is a candidate for pancreas transplantation. I would like to know something more about this. When the transplantation of pancreas is really necessary? I would appreciate all your answers to my post. This will mean a lot to me. Bye!

Hi, there. I am afraid that I cannot help you much with this. I know that this transplantation can be whole pancreas transplantation or partial pancreas transplantation. This transplantation is recommended for people with type 1 diabetes. In this type, islet cells do not produce insulin any more. That is why it is logical to replace them. However, this shouldn’t be taken so easily. Transplant is a foreign body for organism. There is a possibility of rejection. In that case, there is more damage from a cure than from a disease. Your friends should consider this very thoroughly.