Hi!

I am a 23 year old, normally healthy and active female. I exercise daily (running/cardio and eat healthy foods (Fruits, veggies, don't smoke, rarely drink coffee, alcohol only on one weekend night (2-3 drinks) etc.) I NOW weigh 153, but prior to last week weighed 147 .. which has never happened to me before.

I tried doing the first day of the cleanse from "The Plan, diet" and struggled to eat the proper amount of calories in that day so I ended up nixing the cleanse.  Since then I have noticed my bowel movements have been less regular, as previously I had no issues with using the bathroom.  I also had extrememe bloating in my bladder and frequent urination with similar symptoms as a UTI or Kidney stone/infection.  After drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice for three days those symptoms are gone.

I now have this annoying hunger pain in my upper abdomen right after I eat, as if I'm starving.  Everyoonce in a while I can slightly feeling a burning sensation, but it's all in my upper stomache area.  I also have gained 6+ lbs within a week - which is frustrating because I work out every day and eat well.  My stomache feels distended and super bloated - so I could pass as being pregnant certain times throughout the day.  I normally have a very flat stomache, but now I feel bloated and gassy after anything I eat or drink. I feel that the weight gain MUST have something to do with this pain/bloatedness issue, but 6 pounds is pretty significant. 

I have tried: herbal teas for constipation (thought I might be backed up), Ginger tea to treat gas and bloating symptoms, I tried the BRAT diet for a few days just to eat more bland foods (didn't help), I drink a ton of water everyday, I don't eat any fast food, fried/greasy food, etc.

I just ate oatmeal and blueberries and I feel STARVING now ... uhg, so frustrating that this is a sudden thing and I can't find anything to help .... Any advice would be awesome!! Also ... when I burp, the hungry sensation/pain seems to subside temporarily.

I wonder if it's some type of acid issue in my stomache - any suggestions on over the counter medication I could try to take, or what could be causing this all of the sudden????

Thanks!

Same exact problem u r having. Did u ever find out what the reason was to why ur hungry so much... I had an salipingo oopherectomy done on my right ovaries due to s mass 8cm big n also my appendix removed shortly after that.... can u tell me what u found out

Hi! I saw a doctor shortly after I posted this .. .she had me pick up Prilosec, the 14 day dose and I noticed a huge difference after two doses. I think the majority of my symptoms of stress/anxiety related, however I had never had problems with heartburn or those issues so I was amazed that it worked! I would say it's definitely worth a shot if the symptoms sound similar to yours. I just recently started having stomache problems again and took the second 14 day dose and notice it eliminates the constant burping and hunger feeling that started to come back. I'm not sure if this is just a tempory remedy for something else that is going on, but overall I feel healthy and do not have any other major health problems so I'm thinking I've found a pretty good solution ... for now :) It's not much, but I hope it helps!

Sorry, I accidentally hit thumbs down. I've had same hunger issue for a year, never feel sated. No fast food/greasy food or sweets (for the most part), gained nearly 40lbs!!! Only 5'6, feel miserable. So - I eat ok, exercise regularly, spin instructor too. Every couple of weeks go to dr, gained more weight! I will try the prilosec, see if it helps. Good luck to you

My pain seen like it going away but just second still tjat way before pain have slighted. MARQUITA.

I have same problem (male)hungry all the time very healthy ctpt.my thinking was hyper metabolism due to years of eating every three hours finally coughs up I'm 39 still work out but I'm steady losing weight very naseous all the time makes me feel like I have a fever especially in am.its been years of this I'm finnally physically breaking down tons of stress went to doctor waiting on results blood tests and thyroid.they say gerds-not,it has to do with pepsin or could be chronic pancreatis also HM

Was Prilosec solution are you ok?

I have had a similar thing happening. I got midway through the advocare cleanse. Stopped it and have been burping and bloated ever since, going on 6 months. I have put on 15-20 lbs despite working out regularly. Constant burping and feeling hungry. I have tried Prilosec as well as natural remedies. Not sure what to do! I hope you find some answers. Please share them when you do!

I have this same issue, I got half way through an alli cleanse and I now burp all the time but it's extreme when in hungry or have just eaten, my gi tract feels off balance no matter what I try, alternating constipation and disrerhea , fatigue, Prilosec hasn't helped at all. I'm going on 3 years of this with doctors dismissing it as hypochondria Gerd or acid reflux :( please share any answers

Get tested for H-pylori, I had these symptoms and tested positive. Part of the regimen is prilosec, which is why it worked for some, but it won't get rid of the H-Pylori and symptoms will continue and get worse. If you are positive, you will take a couple Anitbiotics with Prilosec and Pepto Bismal.

Interesting symptom to have...I have had the same symptom of burping when I'm hungry or after a meal. It isn't a big burp, just many small ones over and over. I think this may have more to do with something else than GERD or reflux.
Also, I have many other symptoms that have been developing since I traveled to Indonesia last year with my husband and went white water rafting in the mountains. We saw trash in the river and people washing clothes, etc. The day after we went rafting, we both woke up feeling like death and almost went to the ER thinking we had meningitis. Eventually, I became slightly better, but feel we haven't recovered over a year later. I am still having and developing more and more symptoms despite changing my diet dramatically to whole foods-based and exercising regularly with daily yoga and weekend hiking. Symptoms include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, twitching sensations over my body, severe body odor(I take 2-3 showers a day!), fatigue, severe lower leg and back itching so bad where I leave marks!(and I moisturizer with organic hemp oil daily and drink water religiously), major teeth grinding(have several an fractions), headaches, severe mood swings from laughing to yelling to crying to severe depression and anxiety and anger/rage, coughing up phlegm, frequent diarrhea(never had this unless I had the flu), rashes and whelps, wake up from 1-4 am frequently(liver toxicity sign), etc. These symptoms and circumstances I have looked back upon may indicate, and most likely do, that I have one or multiple parasitic infections.
I have begun to take an intestinal parasite cleanse with black walnut hulls, cloves, goldenseal, garlic, etc. to combat these bad microbes. Hopefully, I can eradicate them and also my symptoms to have my life back.

I had what I though was gastrointestinal but I guess not, so mine is gas and pressure in upper gi area, it feels swollen or inflammed. And little burps, sometimes I have to pat myself on back to get burps to come up it helps a little. But its more like suffering pain, the constant hunger feeling. I had it for six years once but I stopped eating thinking it would make it feel better, it did not. I lost a ton of weight to much I couldnt eat. Its back again its an awful feeling.

Have you been tested for parasites mainly giardia? Just a thought