I have suffered from mild acne for over a year now, I have some acne scars- however, more-so I have these very small red tiny dots all over my checks close to old acne breakouts. However, when I looked up acne scars the four types that I researched were not matching up to what I have. They are not dented in my skin, nor are they bumb like. There are so many of these dots and I cannot figure out what it is. They can be easily covered up with make-up, unlike my acne scars. It is so upsetting to me- I absolutely hate it! Please- if you have any insightful information please help!! Thank you!

I think that small red bumps near acne scars you described are there because acne breakouts caused the smallest blood vessels in the top layer of your skin to burst. Because this top layer of skin is very thin the capillaries became visible. But, as you said – they can easily be covered up with makeup, but there probably are more permanent ways to try to remove them, if they cause such a big problem for you or if they are that much visible. You should go visit a dermatologist and ask about what options you might have here.