please hel i have these small red blood like dots all over my left leg and some on my right they go away and come back sometimes worse or more.....................THEY DO NOT ITCH OR BLEED OR IRRITATE ME AT ALL!........WHATS GOING ON IM SCARED WHAT IS THIS!!!!!??????.....PLEASE! HELP ME!! maybe i work too hard im a 17 y.o. female[/list]

scared n confused wrote:

:? I'm sorry but I don't know the answer, however I think I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. my boyfriend and I both have them, just not millions, just tiny red symptonless dots in random places.... I don't know what the tiny red freckle type things are.... RED FRECKLES? lol! Is that what you have too? We live in FL. and I thought they were bites from a wierd little bug, like red bugs (i heard they are the same things a chiggers, but they say when you have chiggers YOU HAVE CHIGGERS and you know it! in my yard moss grows everywhere and constantly has to be cleaned up, and thats where the red bugs live, but if one bit me I never really noticed.) ANYway I tried painting the dots with clear nail polish (suposedly kills em) but my B/f wont let me keep it on there................I HAVE NO IDEA maybe is a HEAT realated thing, are you always wearing hot pants and sweating and stuff when you work? they always seem to be in hot spots.... i DON'T have any real skin problems but I find the tiny red dots on me sometimes too.....

I have these on my arms and hands. I am pregnant and very worried about this. I have read stuff on petechiae that sounds like what I have but I have also read that it is just changes in skin pigmentation. If anyone knows please help!

do you have other symptoms? i would go to a doctor, it can be a sign of a bacterial infection from a tick bite or something.. or it is viral..but go see your doctor

I've had the red dot thing happen to me and it's usually from cutting off the circulation when I fall asleep in weird positions. Don't worry, it's kind of like a bruise. They will go away.

Hi! I have them and i actually think it is from irritating my hair follicles when I epilated (please don't do this). I am currently takign a warm bath while exfoliating with a mixture of glycerin, crushed aspirin and honey. then i shave and after I put on either Dove deodorant (yes you heard me right) or pure tea tree oil which I rub with gloved hands into the skin. This has been calming it so far so I think it is either an infection which the tea tree oil is helping to get rid of. Either way, try tea tree oil. It can only benefit you, won't harm. Hope this helps and I hope mine go away completely

hi. i know what everyone is talking about. i am 22 yr old 100 lb female and i noticed that i started getting these really bright red bumps on my legs when i was about 19. i only get them on my legs, i dont know exactly why they are but i noticed that they come during season. i get them when it is very cold. i also noticed that i get them either when im on my feet for a very long time or if im sitting for a while, i actually have them right now. i also get them when i feel unhealthy like when i drink too much or do some drugs. my cousin and LVN aunt think that its blood vessels bursting, they look really red for a couple of days but they start to just look like little bruises as days pass. in my opinion i think that it is just circulation problems and that its nothing to worry about. or atleast, i try not to worry about it.

I have these same types of rash for over a month now and I have seen my MD, my dermatologist, my GYN and no one is really telling me anything. My doctor, after my blood test, ruled out virus. The dermatologist said it was due to dehydration and prescibed over-the-counter lotion and changed my soap-none of this has helped. The rash (numerous. tiny, non itchy pumps). The only good thing is that it is not contagious as I am the only one in my house who has it.

i have never had these red dots before this week. this saturday is prom and i stared tanning. i think it has something to do with heat

I stopped shaving my upper leg, it's seems to help....also when I get stressed or hot they flare up. 2 doctors said it was shaving or a funguns, it was neither....I always had pretty legs but this does not cut it. I wish someone would find a cure.

Okay I've Been having these too i am only 11 and female but i only get ehem on my legs and they dont eitch what so ever i just noticed them last night before i had went to bed. I HAD amazing legs natural tan and pretty but now there pail and have little red dots i dont know what to do and need help to. (: So if you know anything please tell me. Thankns! (:

OMG!!! i have those too but they are only showing in water then when im dry they fade away!! omg!!

Go look up Schamberg's Progressive Pigmented Purpuric Dermatosis or called by "Cayenne pepper spots". It is usually localized to the lower legs, ankles and dorsa of the feet.  Therapy is not very successful, although elevation of the legs when possible and wearing quality support hose seems helpful.

Hope this helps.

I have them too for about 2 years and don't go away. I don't think shaving can cause them because I don't shave (I don't need to), I've never smoke, never done drugs, I excercise a lot. The worse part is they seem to go up ("cause I had them on my lower legs so far and now I can find them above my knees too). I thought the weight gaining could be to blame ('cause I put some on after my last baby) but I'm not sure after what I'm seeing here...I've never had them before (even been pregnant 3 times never had any skin problem). Went to the dermatologist but she didn't tell me much except using a better moisturizer (funny!) which doesn't help at all...Anyway, I would like to find a cure because it looks ugly and I don't feel like wearing shorts or short skirts anymore...If anyone knows any cure I'd truly appreciate sharing it with us. Thank you!
Maggie, 35 y.o. Massachusetts

Hello Scared and Confused!  I had these red spots show up on my legs in every pore from the hair follicle.  They were red spots everywhere and were embarrassing.  I had been shaving my legs in my shower with soap and water and using a man's 2-blade razor.  I had the problem, but it was not as bad as it was this past month.  I decided to change razors and use shaving lotion on my legs.  It got worse.  I even changed to a ladies' Gillette Razor.  I went to my dermatologist and was told it was a razor burn.  So, back to Target and I bought a Venus razor with replaceable 5-blade razor tops.  Not only did this completely solve the red spot issue, but my legs are softer and smoother than they have been in years!  I can't believe a razor can make that kind of difference, but it can.  Even after shaving before I got the Venus razor, I felt nubbies if I ran the palm of my hand over my calves in the opposite direction of how my hair grows.  Now, they are just smooth.  Thanks to my dermatologist and my oldest daughter for helping me solve my shaving and red-spot problem. - Artist in NC