Hi!

From time to time I notice random little red dots appear on my legs. My legs are very white compared to the rest of my body if that means anything, I never wear shorts.

These dots appear in random places, from single dots to a small group of 5+. They aren't from shaving, they don't protrude at all. They almost look as if they could be blood vessels rising to the surface or something. They do not itch or hurt.

Can anyone confirm what these could be? Thanks!

I have the same thing, and I can't find out what it is. I went to my doctor who said it was heat rash, but I have had it for 6 months or more now, and Im sure it's not heat rash... I wish I knew what it really was, im thinking circualtion?

Hello to both of you, did either of you have a physical or blood exam? Did you get a diagnosis? How are the spots persisting now. Please, I`d be very appreciative to hear what they are. Thankyou.

Guest wrote:

I also have red dots that seem to appear when I am on my legs a long time. There is also numbness on one of my legs. No doctor can figure this out. I was thinking of acupuncture. I would love to have this corrected. It seems like, since I have noticed this, that brusing and discoloration of my legs is apparent. Bummer!

I've had these red dots since I was in high school, but I am now in my 30's and I have noticed they are increasing. I am heavier in weight now, could that be the cause of their increase? Are they indicative of some problem with my arteries? (strokes run in my family) However, I dont have any other health problems at all like high BP or something... The only other possible factor I can think of is that I do get panic attacks so I occasionally stress out quite a bit.

Today, I noticed that many more of them now cover my stomach, my upper legs, and there are some at the center of my chest. There are a few (2 or 3) that are half the size of a pencil eraser right by my heart and on my breast, but the rest on my body are just like freckles only red like arterial blood.

Is it dangerous that they are increasing in quantity?

My other question would be out of curiousity... are these the *same* dots there over the years, or are they healing up over a week and new rupture spots showing up? The big ones have been there for many years, but they seem slightly larger than in the past, and I have no idea how to tell with the smattering of little ones. It's somewhat unnerving to have red dots of blood across your skin.

rachielle

i have that too it is reallly itchy and i was just looking up what it waass i can't find it outt

i have this too. usually on my thighs, the side of my torso or the tops of my arms. i went to the doctors and he did blood tests and there was nothing found. The doctor has transferred me to a blood specialist to get to the bottom of what they are.

Hi, my father had this probelem a couple of years ago (he still has it), where he would all of a sudden get rash like or almost blood like spots on his legs. He went to all different doctors and had all types of test done, but nothing was found. He exercises and is very active. He and some of his doctors think that it has to do with circulation and found it something not to worry about since it did not bother him. He also tells me that he thinks they appear if he takes too hot of a shower/bath.

My neice actually had these along with just little bumps that looked like rgoosbumps, and a few months later was diagnosed with lupus, these spots are one of the symptoms of Lupus (an autoimmune disease) but Lupus shares symptoms with alot of things that's why it is not as easy to diagnose.

So, with my father it was nothing serious, but with my neice it was - try to seek advise from an infectious disease doctor or a rheumitory specialist to be on the safe side.

The most likely condition I know of is cherry angiomas. These are benign and hereditary and of no significance beyond appearance.

A dermatologist would recognize these at a glance, I think, without a biopsy. Maybe it's worth a visit.

I have had these small red dots all along my legs for quite awhile now
and since I already have alot of allergies and therefore have to visit the allergy clinic quite often I decided to ask my doctor if she knew anything about them
all she said was that it looks like my skin has been dry for a long time, which causes some kind of irritation, the red spots.
so nothing serious, atleast for me ?

Has anyone ever been diagnosed? I am full term pregnant and have noticed these white spots with tiny red dots in the middle for the last few months. I came up anemic and with protein in my urine, but everything else is normal. I found one medical book that indicated people with liver disease get this symptom, and thats all...it seems like i always have something that nobody knows about...

reddots that hurt a little and a little swollen under calf and above ankle? anyone else have this?

I have some tiny red dots on my body and some bigger ones. Every once in a while I see some new ones. Showed it to the dermatologist last week and was told it's blood vessels and it usually runs in the family. My father has it too.

i also have little red dots,
im very pale as well,
and i have one on both my hands, one at the back of my neck, a few little ones on my legs, one on my nose, and i just found another one on my elbow.
they dont hurt, or itch, ive had a few of them for as long as i can remember,
they are like, the size of a flea, and it just looks like, as someone said, little tiny vessels coming up to the suface, but when i tried to pop it, or squeeze it to see if the blood came out, nothing happened.

lol, i dont know :S