I seem to have frecle size red spots all down the frount of my legs and now the tops of my feet.
they appear like little blood spots. There is no itch.
I mention to my DR. She ignored it like it was nothing ?????? It concerns me that it may be the for runner of some other thing.

i have the same thing and my doctor reacted the same way. What did you find out? I am going to try to go to a dermatologist for help?
lisa

my girlfriend is having the same thing and she's worried. I've been googling this for days now.

do you know if anyone has found any info on this? I have this on the top of my feet...sort of like when you sprain your ankle and the skin gets discolored with little dots, like blood clots. Anyhow, my feet swell and they hurt if I've been sitting too long.

I have the same thing.. saw the doctor yesterday and he said "hmmm... that's odd"
Did any of you ever find out anything?

wow! i have the same thing, its mainly the front of my legs and a little on the sides, and the tops of my feet. it use to be just my feet and seems that it gradually moved to my legs. i have noticed this for at least 6 years now... still no info out there???

I have the same thing . Had them now for maybe a year. Maine here.

I know precisely what you're talking about. They're nothing harmful and I don't know how to prevent them but I have a few. I think that it's caused by capillaries but I can't verify that. Does that help at all? Does anyone else have an idea?

i just noticed red blood spots underneath my skin on the front part of my left leg..i've never seen anything like it and im worried. Ive been researching and it might be a probable case of diabetes. oh and it itches too.

i have had these spots on my feet for 2 weeks
at first they were just small red spots
5 days later they got bigger and started to turn purple, called my doctor: first diagnosis of Petechiae
8 days later they grew even bigger still no signs of any symptoms other than the spots appearing, had a physical, second diagnosis : unknown
the next morning i woke up i got out of my bed and the second i put my foot on the ground i felt a burning sensation in my foot but dissapeared later into the day.
today when i woke up the pain was there again but was so painfull i ended up falling once i tried to stand.
the pain dissapeared once again for 2 hours and then started to increase dramatically thru out my day, its been 5 hours since the pain increased and i cant even walk due to extreme pain caused from these spots.

if anyone, anyone at all could help me out at finding out what this is it would be most appreciated.

ihave a photo also
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/chappy178/?action=view¤t=gross1.jpg

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** explicit and graphic content*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had this as a teenager and a dermatologists told me it was a zinc deficiency. I took zinc supplements and it disappeared.

Cherry Angioma

Related Encyclopedia

• Baldness
• Dermatitis Herpetiformis
• Dermatomyositis and Polymyositis
• Dermatophytosis
More...

Related Animations

• Acne
• Eczema
More...

Related Healthscout Videos

You Sure Could Use Some Sun

Psoriasis
Blast Away Wrinkles

Stem Cells - Healing Chronic Skin Problems
More...

Related Drug Information

• Bactroban Cream
• Bactroban Ointment
More...

Related News Articles

• Health Tip: Caring for Acne-Prone Skin
• Health Tip: Got a Blister Outbreak?
• Health Tip: Managing Eczema
• Health Tip: Getting a Tattoo?
More...

Definition of Cherry Angioma
Description of Cherry Angioma
Treatment of Cherry Angioma
Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Cherry Angioma

Definition of Cherry Angioma
Cherry angioma is a cherry-red to purple colored benign skin tumor of unknown origin that appears most frequently after age 40.

Description of Cherry Angioma
Cherry angiomas are the most common vascular lesions to appear on human skin. They are made up of clusters of dilated capillaries on the surface of the skin, which accounts for the cherry-red or purple color. No one knows exactly what causes them.

Cherry angiomas can occur almost anywhere on the skin, but most commonly on the torso. They rarely occur on the hands or feet. When they first occur, cherry angiomas are about the size of a pinhead and do not protrude above the surface of the skin. However, some grow to 1/4 inch across or more, and become spongy and dome- or mushroom-shaped.

A cherry angioma is painless and harmless, but many persons want them removed for cosmetic reasons. Large angiomas can bleed profusely when they are injured. Because of this, don't puncture them or try to remove them yourself.

You can develop cherry angiomas anytime in your life, but they are most frequent after the age of 40. Reseachers have found that more than 70 percent of people age 70 or older have cherry angiomas. The cherry-red "bumps" develop alone or in groups, most often on the torso and frequently on the face, scalp, neck, arms and legs.

Look up Petechiae. I have the same problem and my doctor told me it was irritated hair follicles. I dont beleive him becuase they are not raised or irritated and its all over my feet too! I plan to see a dermatologist and recomend the same to you.

i have the same thing, i only got them when i pregnant and i just thought they would go away when i had my baby and they didnt, i went to my doctor and she said it was Broken Skin Follicles and put me on Bactroban Ointment and also said Aqueous Cream would make it go away. so its been about 3 months and they are still there so id accept advice now!

I dont know why but the top of my toes are red, wrinkled and spotty and im eleaven I shouldnt have wrinkled feet this young somone please tell me why my feet are wrinkled red and spotty :|