I AM 16 AND GOT MY PERIOD AROUND 14 15YEARS OLD IT STARTED NORMALLY BUT THEN I GOT IT EVERY OTHER MONTH AND NOW EVERY THREE MONTHS COULD IT BE IM OVER WEIGHT :$ IF NOT THEN WHAT IS THE REASON :'( ? THANX

i've never heard of something like that, you're not on any kind of birth control are you? unless you severely over or under weight that shouldnt matter, and even if you were, you wouldnt get it once every 3 months.
try talking to your mom about it, and see if she knwos whats up, and if not go to a doctor.. that's really weird.

Thats exactly the same as me! About every three months, give or take a week. Except I have had mine for almost 4 years now. I've actually asked my mother and she had no idea, but I can't see any negative effects or anything. Im just not sure how it works, where the cycle is slower and what could be causing it.
Im quite happy with every three months though. I hope it stays that way :-)

That's not really weird at all. I usually get mine around 3 months as well, but it got haywired when i didn't get my period until 8 months later. This happened when i was 17 years old, and right now i'm 19. I'm a virgin and so this is all coo-coo for me. I went to the doctor and he said it's just hormones acting up and it is trying or is in process of becoming normal. What i'm worried now is that i have my period for 6 weeks now, and suddenly a half a hour ago it got really heavy. Within half a hour to 1 hour my period covered a whole pad i had to drive home to fix it. In fact, it's still going and i can feel it. Brrrrr, why women must suffer like this? What about the guys?

Overweight and underweight women do have cycle irregularities.

The reason you only have a period every three months is likely because you are not ovulating normally every month.

You should consider seeing a GYN doctor to ensure that your body is healthy. You should also consider losing weight and getting healthier.

That's the same as me and I'm 15!!!!

Im looking for answers though because I want to know the reason behind it all.

I love it at times but at others, I think something is wrong.

Yeah the same for me. I'm 16 and a little over weight truthfuly. I had my first period at the age of 13, it started out every 1-2 months and now only 3-5 months. I love the timing, but I do get worried. I think my problem is weight. My sister said it was the same for her. She was once overweight and had an irregular period, but now she has it more like every 1-2 months.

I'm 31 and have been on the pills since about 21. I went off the pills for about 1.5 years now and since then, I've been getting my period only once every quarter. I went to the doctor and she says it's normally, it just means that my cycle is different than most and that I'll just be ovulating once every quarter instead, which also means that the probability for me to conceive will decrease, but there are new technologies out there that can assist with fertility if I really need it.

Anyways, finding out whether you are pregnant or not is difficult if your period comes only every quarter. The take home pregnancy kit says it can give you results as soon as 5 days before your next period. Well, in my case right now, I'm expecting my period in about 2 months! So, it gives me a large window of time to figure out when I can actually test for the results...

You all should be lucky to be part of the quarterly cycle club!

IM 36 YEARS OLD, AND I BEEN IRREGULAR SINCE 15, I ALSO HAVE MY PERIODS EVER 3 OR 4 MONTHS, I HAVE ASKED AND SEARCH DOZENS OF DOCTOR, THE LAST ONE TOLD ME I WAS VERY LUCKY TO CONCIVE MY 2 BOYS, SHE SAID .

I havent gotten my period in about 3 moths and im scared. Im a virgin but i take baths all the time in my shower so im scared i got pregnant in the shower.

Really? "im scared i got pregnant in the shower." I'm gonna need you to take some anatomy and sex ed courses. Please educate yourself. Having periods every 3-6 months is not at all abnormal. Every woman's body is different. Make sure you check in with an OBGYN, just to test for abnormalities, but for most women, especially young women, our periods may not even out until after we give birth to a child- or never. Even into your twenties, your hormonal fluctuations, weight changes, stress, diet, etc. greatly affect your period. As time moves on, your cycles may even out a bit more. No guarantees, though. Just check in with the doc, document things you think is abnormal, and then don't be afraid to ask questions- but ask a professional.

SAME! I get it every 3 months or so. Although it lasts for a really long time, last time it was a month and a half :-S. It starts out like the normal five days light, really bad cramps and heavy for a day and then light for a day or two, then it is really heavy for the rest. I HATE IT! Well i like that i only get it every 3-4 months but it's not woth the month and a half of MISERY :-( It's not even been two years since i got it, so it could be still evening out. (but it's a bit extreme, no?) Also, my mom had the same thing when she was in college, but she was old enough to go on the pill. Her doctor suggested it but her gyno said it was a bad idea. I"M babbling. UHH I HATE MY period >:(

i started my period when i was 12 and now i am 14 i come on my period every 3-4 months and wonder is this right? my friends come on everyy month am i normal, am not overweight or underweight i am just normal.

I'm "Weird" too. LOL I'm 42, and this year has been really whacked. I got it in Jan/Feb, Skipped March, got it April, May, and June, Skipped July, Had it in August, Now I'm curious about September. Who knows what it's going to do. My weight loss/gain is unsteady, and if I don't get cramps a week before I get it, then I know I'm not getting it at all. Your not alone....Try this: I can't do it, because I have open wounds in my groin, but this used to work everytime when I was your age. Around the time that you are "Supposed" to get it, run a hot bath, and put salt in it. I know it sounds stupid, but it will bring it on. Also drink Chamomile tea, or add a good handful of parsley to your food. A combination, or simply the bath alone, will help you re-schedule yourself. Hope that helps.

Hi there, do you take birth control or anything that keeps your period regular or something like that? I am trying to figure out why that would be happening. Let me know, okay?