i had my period 3 years ago and it still hasn't gotten into a normal routine yet.

periods are suppose to come every month right? mine come every 2, sometimes even 3 months. i just got my period today after 3 months of nothing.

is there something wrong? i haven't had any problems and they seem normal when i do get them, but there are long breaks in between. do i just have a different cycle then everyone else or could there be a reason?

My periods the same and i'd like to know the answer too

my periods are like that. It's been like that for 11 years. I seen many doctors, some told me that I should take birth control pills to control my hormones. I recently seen a doctor who told me that my cycle is normal for me, since it's been like that for so long. She told me there's no need for birth control pills since it only helps to regulate my body when I'm on the pill and it'll return to my normal cycle when I'm off of it. She told me that taking pills is more recommended for those who have it more than once a month. She also told me that for some people their period will become normal (every month) after they lose their virginity. I also know some one who usually have her periods 4 times a year and hers became every month after losing her virginity.

Hi:
There could be several acceptable reasons for this "irregular" cycle. If you are an athlete; have an obesity problem; take chemical birth control methods; have a lot of stress; take some medication that may affect your cycle. Those are all factors that could affect your cycle. However, there are things that only a medical professional can diagnose that you may not be aware of. For your peace of mind, you should see your ob/gyn. Your cycle is outside of the average woman's "normal" cycle pattern, but it may be "normal" for you. You just need to confirm that and rule out other things so that you will have some peace of mind. Do that and let us know so that other women with your concerns can have a little more information.

Mine is the same, but I never went to the doctor about it.

Sometimes I can get it once a month, and that's only when I've been around girls with a normal cycle. That was mostly in High School, and it doesn't happen anymore. The longest I've gone without one was 6-9 months, and was due to severe stress.

Hi, my periods were like that too, they would come like every two months instead of every month. I went to my doctor and found out I had hypothyroidism so my hormones weren't working properly, thus I didn't ovulate regularly like I was suppose. I also had really painful periods and found out I had polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which are cysts on your ovaries, it can cause periods to be irrelgular. My doctor put me on birth control to help with the hormones and make everything regular, it can be a real pain never knowing when your period is coming!

So if I were you I would track your periods on a calendar and go to your doctor and dicuss it with them, you can do a simple blood test to see if you have a hormonal imbalance, they may also do a pelvic exam or ultrasound. There may be nothing wrong, just might be your "normal" :-)

Hope this helps and good luck to you!!

im the same way but worse! i got my period once about 3 years ago and ive only had it once since< i thought that there was something wrong woth me but then i found out that its quite common! the only downfall about it is that you'll have a hell of a time tryin to get pregnant! a friend of mine has tried many ways and she almost breaks down into tears cause of it!!

hi
I'm 16yrs,
and well my period didn't come in a month i was really freaked out the next month it did and now a month has past and it hasn't
come and i am really afraid to tell my mother because then she is going to think wrong. and thats the last thing i need for her to
think wrong.
so can one of ya' just tell me what to do or if its normal?

Hi, does it usually skip a month or two, or is this something new? How long have you been menstruating for? Sometimes its normal and can happen from time to time, especially when your young and still in puberty as your hormones are still figuring things out. Also stress and poor diet and other factors can play a part. So its hard to say. If your sure there's no way you can be pregnant then I would say you don't have anything to worry about for now, but if it continues then you may want to discuss it with your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. Hope this somewhat helps.

hi, im 20 years old i got marred wn i was 17 and everyone told me wn you lose ur vrg your per com to normal but i dont get my per every mth i get it every 4 to 6 mths and sum time i get it every 10 mths .. and wn i got a div my per just stopt i have not got it fot 10mts now so i got bith con and i got it but for 2 mths and now im back to no per im tring to have a baby but cant and tht why i got a div in the 1st pas bec i did not have a baby so can sum 1 help me pleas .. i seen my doc and she sed nthing is rong with me but just horm but i hade sexy and sens feb of 2011 i have not got it.. and its may 2011 but im not perg

hi:) im 13 and the first time i got my period was last year in august then it came back this year in like march, thats 7 months! :S its now july.. is there something wrong with me?! i reallly need sosme help because i dont have my mum around and i live in a house of boys! i dont know who to turn to, so i cant go to a doctor cause then ill have to discuss this 'topic' with my dad.. which isnt fun. does this mean i cant get pregnant? does this mean ill develop at a slower pace? please someone, anyone HELP!
thank you

thank you!
IM SAME AS U MY PERIOD CAME LAST AUGUST THEN IN MARCH AND NOW IN JUNE PLS HELP ANYTHING WRONG??

Quote: My period hasnt come in 3 months..

I'm 14 and I've had my period for almost two years now and my period comes every 2 months but just this past month it hasnt come for 3 months now. My periods are also very painful and i have to take alot of advils. I'm afraid to tell my mom because what if she thinks somethings wrong with me. What should I do?

Hey , I'm 14 & mines doesn't come on every mouth like its suppose to it been doing that since i got my period which was 12 .  went to the doctors and they told me that i should be on birth control pill. which seemed really weird to me . they asked me if i was having sex which i'm not , but i really need it to come on , its going on 3 mouths it have not been on , i really don't think its normal ! : ( i need help !! NOW

im 15 and got my period right before i turned 13....i dont get it normally usually every 3 months..but when it first started out it was every 5 months..i am extremely tall so i am almost underweight it is very hard for me to gain weight being 5'11.