Hello I am a 25 year old female with history of one miscarriage in May 2010 @ 8weeks no complications complete miscarriage. Menses returned July 15th after 4 weeks of post miscarriage bleeding. Menses continued to be normal, until Mirena IUD placement September 10th 2010 bled lightly for approximately 3 days and then menses started September 16th continuing with occasional spotting, this month I have been bleeding since the 15th (November) and my period has gone from brown to bright red to brown to bright red and continued with this as of today also I have noticed that on might bright red days it is exceptionally "watery" I am on day ten of bleeding and tired of it as you can imagine. An input?

Brownish discoloration often happens when your periods are irregular. During your menstrual cycle, the lining of your uterus thickens to get ready for pregnancy. Then, during your period, your body sheds the uterus lining along with blood. The amount of blood and fluid lost is usually between 4 and 12 teaspoons each cycle. A normal period lasts between two and seven days. The average length of time for a period is three to five days. Many women have clots in their menstrual blood from time to time. The clots may be bright red or dark in color. Often, these clots are shed on the heaviest days of bleeding. If you have excessive clotting or clots larger than a quarter, you should see a health care professional to rule out any conditions that might be causing an abnormal period. Women who have miscarried may pass blood clots or gray clumps of tissue from the vagina. If there is a chance you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor immediately if you notice excessive bleeding or clotting. I hope this will help you.