Hello. I'm 20 years old female and I have some big problems with my menstruation and irregular periods. It wasn’t like this for always because earlier in life I had very regular periods but in a past few months-I started suffering from big problems with this.
It is making my and my boyfriend’s life a living hell because every month we are waiting my period to be sure that I'm not pregnant and sometimes- my period is late for7 days.
You can't even imagine how frustrating this could be. What is the most common cause of this period’s irregularity and is there anything I could do to avoid this?
Thanks!

I understand what you are talking about because I'm a female and I am having problems with irregular periods almost whole my life. So, believe me, I know some facts about it.
There are a lot of definitions but the simpler is that an irregular period can include a late, early or missed period, or bleeding between cycles.
Normal regular period is a monthly menstrual cycle that is 28 days long. The most common cause of irregular periods is some reaction to a change in your hormones. This can happen when you start your first sexual experience, when you fall in love or when you’re in a lot of stress. But some other things could cause it like some genital infections and similar. I'm very sorry to say this but, like in mine cause, most causes of irregular periods are difficult to prevent. Healthy lifestyle and avoiding stress could help!

Ok, so I am 21 almost 22, I am a virgin and I have been havng irregular periods since I started when I was 12. In recent year it has grown worse, and some times I don't get my period for over 6 months. This is all very scarey for me. What should I do and what problems be happening. Will this stop me from having chilren one day. Please help.

Hi! My best friend had the same missing and irregular periods and I was really worried for her asking myself the same question you ask yourself but you see she did get pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful girl and I still haven’t although I have never had any problems with my periods and were always in time.

The thing is that you should see a gynecologist. Have you ever had a gyno appointment?

You may suffer from a hormonal imbalance. Do you have problems with your weight? Over or underweight women may suffer from irregular periods. If this is the case you may be able to change your diet.

Are you active in sports? Excessive sport exercises can lead to irregular periods.
Emotional stress is another possible cause of absence of menstruation.

As you can see, there could be many possible reasons for missing out on a period. The only way to find out is to have it checked.

i can totally understand your feelings and your frustration, being a woman myself. things just dnt get easy and predictable when its TOM and its even more irritating when it gets irregular. i suffered from irregula periods for over 4 yrs and i got so fed up of it that i went to the gynae and told him that i was tired and sick of this situation, he only explained to me that it was all hormonal and nothing more and that if i took tablets and was a bit mroe patient it will surely disappear because i had no health problems. now i can see improvements in my state, its not regular yet, but as compared how it was before, i am a whole lot better. i would advised you to talk to your doctor and if possible see a specialist

I have always had a problem with irregular periods. My husband and I have tried fertility medicine for two months and we are wanting to start a family. The doctor told us that the medicine isn't working and they want to refer us to a actual fertility doctor. This is very upsetting... What should I do?

- Worried & Confused

Go to the fertility doctor. The underlying reason why you can't pregnant may be due to a lot of other reasons. They will have to check your hormone levels, assess whether or not there are any genetic causes, and etc. There are many people who can't conceive right away and seek the help of fertility doctors. Nothing to be alarmed about. The babies that are conceived in this way are like any other normally conceived child.

I'm 20 almost 21 and could've written the exact same thing. For awhile in high school I could pretty much count on it being every 6 months. Lately, I've noticed hair loss during times I haven't had my period for an extended time. Have you experienced this as well?

I'm been wondering the same thing. When I was 15-16 I would get it maybe every 4-5 months, but then it would become regular for awhile, but then just become irregular again. Right now I haven't had it in about 3 months even though before that I was getting it every month for about 6 months. I guess my hormone levels could just be different each time but it's just weird to me that I've had my period for 10 years now and it's still not regular.