Why is a man writing on the pill?  My wife was on birth control for 16 years.  I was fixed and she stopped using the pill.  She recently had an emotional affair with one of her patients.  She only spoke to me in the beginning about feeling out of her body and not normal.  She was losing her temper with the kids, mainly the 5 year old, because he is testing his limits again.  We both actually were losing our tempers.  We talked about her feelings and what it was doing to the both of us.  I suggested seeing a therapist and she got a list of names from her OB, but never made any appointments.  The affair lasted for 2.5 months and she just came clean.  For the last 3 weeks she has been complaining to me that I am no longer romantic or compassionate.  I denied that at first, selfish man and his ego, but agreed she was right.  I was doing everything she asked since.  Now I know about the affair and I currently HATE her, but I am still in love with her.  Please let me know some other women have had those feelings.  It will help me cope a bit.  I f no body out there has ever experienced this, I can not believe it was due to coming off the pill. 

well i have come off to types of birth control pills due to the fact im actually alergic to birth control but anyway i can agree theat coming off the pill does make ur horomones go crazy, but at the same time the horomones that it cause to go crazy are the horomones that directly effect ur period, not emotional horomones although it can happen. but women are women and our horomones go crazy anyway. i have been in the same situation as ur wife were i was in a relationship and the guy didnt treat me how he used to. things became more and more........how do i say it...........more like we were just two existing people and not lovers. so me in the past i have cheated but it was because of my own insecurities in my relationship and had nothing to do with what happens when you come off birth control. of course because of my cheating my relationships ended and were never the same. like me, it could just be that she is insecure about the relationship or marraige. maybe yall can work past the affair and try to do things to spice up the marraige and family setting. take a family vacation or do something for just the to of you. get away and maybe find again what caused yall to fall inlove in the first place. but if things dont work for the better, everything happens for a reason. hope i was of help