My girlfriend just started the pill last night, Sunday. Tonight we had unprotected sex and I didn't get to pull out in time (leave the bashing at the door, I know it was a stupid, irresponsible decision.) She had been on birth control for several years but had to stop about the end of December due to her pack getting ruined and not being able to afford to get it filled again. (She was on Onessa, I think, and it comes in like 4 month packs, and just recently got switched to Trinessa, which she started Sunday, after a couple month break). She's taken Plan B twice within the last month, just to be on the safe side, and I know that it would be way too hard on her system if she took it again, especially since she's on regular BC now. My question is, is there a great risk or am I being too paranoid too early in? She douched right after we realized what we did, but I know that's not effective at all. I love her, I really do, and I want a family with her at some point, but just not now. Is there anything I'm leaving out that would be helpful?

(Sorry for all the rambling, I tend to do that when I'm nervous. Just be thankful you're not sitting down having a face-to-face convo with me right now LOL.)

Hi! I understand your concern. I wouldn't recommend her to take the morning after pill again, ever. The new pill couldn't get effective after just one day... If her periods were regular afters she was off birth control pill she could calculate her fertile days and see if last night was one of her fertile days. Try not to panic, it is not that easy to get pregnant nowadays. She can do the pregnancy test but she need to wait at least two weeks. Take care.

Thanks so much! She just got off her "period" about a week ago, but it wasn't her natural cycle. Plan B had her system so messed up that she had 2 within 2 1/2 weeks. Also, she battled anorexia several years ago, so her cycle is messed anyway. All we can do now is wait I guess.

Oh, I'm sorry for your girlfriend. Stopping birth control, taking the morning after pill and dealing with anorexia, that can really mess up your menstrual cycle and life in general. Try not to worry about the pregnancy possibility, rather try to help her overcome her problems. If using condoms or taking birth control pill is too complicated for you guys, maybe she could consider iud birth control. I hope that she'll get well soon.

Thanks for the concern. Her life used to be messed up, but she's really focused now on getting it all straightened out now, since she started dating me (she said I was the only guy that gave 2 s**ts about her). The condoms aren't too complicated, it was just a heat of the moment thing where we both got one (our anniversary LOL). As for the pill, she just hadn't been able to afford to go back on it until now. But, like I said, she's getting herself on the right track. I guess now it's just a waiting game.