One of the local radio stations is giving away free sky dives and I'd like to get in on it. I tried a few times this morning and either got a busy signal or "All Circuits are busy..."

What gives?

Any body ever won any radio contests?

Ooh! I did once!

A country station played a song backwards, "It's your Love" by Hill/McGraw. I was the first caller and guessed it right.

The radio station wasn't really nice about me being the first caller of the am and guessing it right on the first go--I guess they wanted their contest to last a little longer than 5 seconds.

It just proves to me that country songs sound the same forward and backward--at least to me, they do!

I won movie tickets with a dozen roses once. Some radio fool was on the main street of town and apparently no one was listening to his station (actually a popular one) because he got no takers. I was a few miles away going that way and even when I got there was the first one to stop. :shrug:

Ph, first...you've got to know when to call to win! Then, if a radio station is giving something away you have to sit at your phone all day(or during the designated time) with the radio stations number already programmed into speed dial and you must be ready to hit that button without a moments notice! Not that I've ever done this, of course....

ok, ok...I was young and needed the tickets

1.
I $1000 for being the 9th caller when I heard a song. The radio station left a message on my answer machine two nights before informing me that the contest was going to start. It was going to be every day for a month. I won on the second day....most likely because most people were still unaware. I worked with a woman years ago that won so many things from a local station.....she was on a first name basis with everyone. She said certain phones dial in faster and said that fast fingers were better than speed dial.
sue

I got one of those calls last night! Problem is, I can't listen at work. Can you post something if you hear my name announced? It could be worth a set of blinds to you. ;)

I have oftern wondered that myself PH. I have never called and not got a busy signal! How do people get thru???!!

When I was in 8th grade my sister won tickets (and backstage passes) to a Winger and Extreme show in Milwaukee... Yeah, I know you're all just dying of jealousy right now...I'm the man...

I would have gone.

Why are you the man? Your sister is the one who won the tickets!!
Sounds to me like your the mooch!

I saw a thing once on one of those Datline 48 hours 20/20 Primetime style shows about people who try to do this for a living.

Honest, they sit around, with a bunch of radios, and call in using multiple phones with speed dial.

I hate to say this, but I think I'd actually rather work, than do that all day, every day.

Sounds to me like your the mooch!
'mooch?!' What are you...8 years old? :P

I have won: Tickets to a Yes concert, A cool set of Advent Speakers, and Lacrosse tickets.

:1:
And I'm still taller than you!

:1:
And I'm still taller than you!
So are you like the 'Doogie Howser' of your town, then?