It must be age related so I'll have to wait until next year when I turn 70.

Then I'm going to take a trip to Texas, go speeding, get stopped, jump out of my car and go off on the cop who stops me. Swear at him and get freaky enough so he Tases me. Then I can collect the $40,000 prize the great state of Texas has waiting for me.

Hey njoynlife, stop by Upstate NY and grab me on your way thru, if you don't mind country music for the ride 8-|

Awww Beeb, you just want to watch me hit the ground and shake >;)
I've been charged up by so many TV sets over the years, I'd probably burn out his taser.

Is there anything else worth listening to anymore?
Whatcha got?
I have a CD set of ol' Hank. It's supposed to be everything he did but I think there are some Luke The Drifter songs that aren't in there. A set of Jimmie Rodgers complete works. The Time Life series from about 15 years ago. Plus many more from Readers Digest and of course I wouldn't be a man if I didn't have Tanya and Shania. Then there's years of vinyl on my shelves. I've been collecting country music since the 50s.

Who are your favorites?

How can she deny being argumentative? If that isn't I don't know what is. The copper could have handled it better but in the end thats one of his options, why not let him use it.

I'm surprised the police aren't appealing this just for the sake of it.

Sounds like a good idea in this time of recession though njoynlife. Don't forget you'll still have to pay the speeding fine so it wont be quite $40,000 ;-)

You don't get to argue about things like that. Your insurance company makes the call. When I was on the board at the drag strip, that used to really piss me off. There were people who claimed injuries whose claims we knew were false but the insurance company would pay them off rather than go to court. Of course most of the reason for that is the mentality of juries. The BIG BAD corporation has mega money compared to the POOR person who claims to have been injured. We don't want to bother figuring out if he's lying. One of us could be him some day, we'll give him some of it anyway.

It's really funny sometimes to watch the insurance company go head to head with a governing body. In NH, state law makes the local fire or police chief the king of his domain. Public schools have had to cancel proms and other gatherings because of a tyrannical chief. The fire chief decides they can't have over 100 people at a dance that usually has 120 people. The class can't afford to rent a bigger hall somewhere so they have to cancel the dance. The police chief decides they have to have two cops. They don't have to money to pay $55/hr (the current rate) for that many cops so they cancel the dance.

At the drag strip one time the local fire chief said we had to station one of his trucks at the finish line and have another one as a back up. This was at a national event where there were fuel and alcohol funny cars and dragsters. The drivers didn't want any local yokel fire department getting anywhere near their cars nor did they want them attempting to rescue them. The national organization brings their own "diver" who goes into a burning car to get the driver out and they and we have our own fire suppression gear as approved by the company that insures the events. The argument held up the start of the race for about an hour but the insurance company won.

I believe it was a blatent attempt on the chief's part to get half his men into the race. Not just for free, but to get us to pay them too. It must have been a big blow to his ego.

We get along fine with the police chief but as king of his domain he does get to tell us how many cops we will hire and how many hours they will work. However he is reasonable about it. The town decides what we have to pay them per hour which is usually the same as the state cops get paid for construction details on the highway. I think they are grossly over paid at $55/hr for sitting in a cruiser with the lights flashing but they are needed, as drivers show absolutely no respect for flaggers who don't carry guns and can't arrest them.

One time the fire chief tried to shut down the fireworks that was part of the show. He wanted to have approval over the fireworks setup. He lost again. The national organization brought the fireworks with them and they had their own licensed shooter. I'm not sure, but I think his license is federal.

Some very interesting experiences there njoynlife.

Thats generally the problem when they stick one person in charge of so much responsibility. Surely an external committee of some sort would be able to come to better decisions than just the chief himself. They would be detached from the financial sides of things etc.

I'm not sure if I would try that lottery myself, thanks. But I do like the scratch off tickets!

Oh yeh definitely. Like the ones in the magazines, they always give you that 'winning' feeling and then you remember that its a scam >:(

There are scratchoff tickets in a magazine? Where are you buying magazines? I want some scratch off tickets!

You don't get free scratch off tickets in magazines in America? :O You guys really are missing out ;-)

There in almost every magazine here. Just a bit of fun to scratch off the panels really, cause I've lost count of how many holidays and millions of pounds I must have accrued over the years :-P

He's probably remembering the scratch n sniff centerfolds in Playboy.

hmmm

i see where you would get that winning feeling and then find its a scam XD

Seriously though are there scratchoff tickets in some magazines? I haven't ever heard of that before.

Yeh seriously. There are free scratchoff tickets in 95% of the magazines over here. You can't win anything though cause there all scams.

I'll post you one out if you like :-D