I am trying to get relaxed so hard but I am not managing it so is there anyone to tell me would some music help me with this and what's appropriate music that I can listen during relaxation techniques for anxiety? I have tried with the music that is around but it actually causes me headaches and at the end I am not relaxed at all the worse thing is that I am actually more aggressive. So I really need to know what appropriate music for relaxation is. Thanks!

I can't believe you have tried to relax with this music ongoing you need to have special cd's or tapes with relaxation music so appropriate music for relaxation would be the one that brings you in stage of deep concentration and well-being by producing the sounds of real nature. I love those sounds of oceans and light winters but you have wide scale of options there regarding music for relaxation. So you could choose between many nature sounds-waterfalls, mountains breeze or fountains sounds and birdsongs and you could combine it with some other kind of sounds such as one of cymbals or dragon drums for example. I have recently bought a relaxation cd called bali and when I turned it on I feel like I am in paradise.

try this

youtube.com/watch?v=paMKfJ6jpWY

it really relaxes me

Well some people can get relaxed with some music. It all depends on personal interests in stuff. I get really relaxed listening to some guitar compositions (especially flamenco musicians like Paco de Lucia and a great movie compositor that I find very interesting Ennio Morricone).
Usually instrumental music is the one that makes people relax, so you might try something of this kind.

I like to listen to classical music when I'm relaxing because the instrumental part of it really is soothing. I don't enjoy loud or fast music when I'm trying to kick back. It really is difficult to get relaxed though so instead of worrying about the music that I have on, I try breathing instead. That's the best thing I think I could advise to you is that it may have nothing to do with the music you're listening to, but rather what you're doing to relax in the first place.

If you're looking for relaxing music though, I think that some good composers would be Vivaldi or Holst.

The best music to listen to is one with a tempo of around 60 bpm. Music at this rate can slow your breathing, blood pressure and heart rate. Lots of classical music falls into this category, or try music written specifically for relaxation. There's lots out there so you need to shop around. I don't find the pan pipe type very relaxing but one that works for me every time is called And so to sleep, you can buy it from It's for times when you find it hard to sleep but it works great anytime I feel stressed out.

***edited by moderator***web addresses not allowed

I have heard that there are some radio station online with relaxing music playing all day. Does anybody knows something about this?

I forgot all about what Guest also mentioned. I heard somewhere that using music that is 60 BPM helps your body sync with the music so that you can relax better. As practice with anxiety control, I used music that went over 180 BPM just to get my body used to ignoring tempos like that so I could relax in virtually any situation. But that's a bit of an advanced technique! And it's not particularly relaxing.

I wonder if anyone has had success with the "noise" options. That is, the sounds of nature, etc. that you can buy now. I know that the tv is my sleeping pill. I turn on something that is not a heavy topic like comedic sitcoms, etc. If I listen to the jokes, etc. my mind focuses on those things instead of thinking about all of the world issues, if you know what I mean. Has that worked for anyone?......Let us know.