I have been thinking of using some herbal meds for my bursitis pain. It is not such a big deal, that's why I am not going to a doctor; I think that I can heal this on my own. Would licorice help? I have heard many good things about that herb and I wonder if it can help me too...

It might help; it has many uses, although you should be careful. Perhaps the best thing would be to buy some medical product that already contains licorice, don't try mixing something on your own. I say this because licorice might damage your system if it is taken in high amounts.

I have taken (2) capsules of LICORICE ROOT 3x/day with good results for my occasional bursitis - yes, it helps reduce the inflammation, and therefore, reduces the pain...I was able to to avoid going in for a cortisone shot (licorice root contains a natural form of cortisone)...turmeric (a common spice), may also help as it reduces inflammation, as well.