Hello! My friend gave me a bottle of ginger root oil and said that it is very healthy and that I should use it as a spice in my food preparing. I know that I should add it to meat and it will make it softer and easier to digest, but that is it. Does someone know more about it? What are all the benefits of ginger root oil?

Hi! I am using ginger root oil in my kitchen for as long as I can remember. I have Indian origin and my grandmother taught me and my mother about all the good properties of this oil. The spice is very common in India where it is also known as adrak, and it also originated from there. As you already mentioned, it is especially helpful in digesting food items such as meat, and poultry and is added while cooking meat as it softens it, but ginger root and ginger oil are also used as preservatives and flavoring agents. Ginger oil also benefits your health since it calms down stomach upsetness, increases appetite, has antiseptic and carminative properties, strengthens the heart, and reduces inflammation… It also helps in women problems such as irregular and painful menstrual discharges and vomiting when pregnant. Hope I helped you!

Hello girls! I totally agree that ginger is a spice no.1! Your friend is a good friend to have advised you to start using ginger root oil. I would just like to warn you that it is very strong oil and you should be careful when using it. You can use it in combination with many other essential oils including lemon, cedar wood, lime, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium, rosemary, sandalwood, patchouli, myrtle, bergamot, rosewood, neroli, orange and ylang-ylang. I also want to say that it is not good for women only but it is also very helpful for men’s health as well. Namely, ginger root and its oil are aphrodisiacs, and are effective in removing impotency and treating premature ejaculation. Maybe someone else knows even more?

Excellent helpful guidance. Growing up when I was a kid and was raised in a traditional Asian family, my mom used fresh ginger as a natural herbal remedy for a variety of dishes in soup, stir fry such as ginger broccoli Mongolian beef or cut small pieces of the ginger slices and brewed water into a relaxing, self-indulge, getaway escape day spa drink which promotes good health; we liked to cut fresh lemon slices, gave a little squeeze to release the lemon juice then mixed with honey, the flavors adds a light, delish and an inviting pampering beverage.