I wish I could say that old age is being gentle to me, but it is not the case. I have problems with vision and rheumatoid arthritis. As for the arthritis, I have been prescribed with naproxen and doctor told me that in the case of severe pain I could take 1000mg tablets twice daily. Isnt that just too much?

Naproxen is a drug that belongs to so called NSAID group of medicaments and its main effect is dealing with the process of inflammation in the joints that causes the pain. It probably does that by inhibiting the process of prostaglandins production (mediators of inflammation). As for dosage, it perhaps is a big dosage, as far as I know, 1500mg daily is the maximum that should be taken only in severe cases.

1000 mg of Naproxen twice day. It is huge dosage for a day. I don't think even 1000 mg is available for generic Naproxen

1000 mg of Naproxen per day is a huge dosage. I don't even think that 1000 mg of Generic Naproxen is available.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I have been taking 1000mg tabs twice a day for 18 years. I have been known to take 1000mg tabs three in one day but not all that often. I always eat a small meal during which I take the dose.

5x200= how much?