What is maximum daily dosage I can take of magnesium? I started taking it because I had terrible menstrual cramps and I realized that I can take it enough with food. So, I started with supplements.

As I know you shouldn’t take more that 300mg, excessive intake (400mg taken long-term) can cause diarrhea. Recommended maximum daily dosage is 100-300mg. therea are other sources of mag.beside the supplements: nuts, millet, whole grains and cereals, molasses, all green vegetables, pulses (especially Soya beans), shrimps and other seafood. It is best to take at bedtime with calcium in the ratio of one or two parts calcium to one part magnesium.

would generally not go over 1 gram per day. Most studies and anecdotal reports indicate 600-800mg helps significantly with cramping.

you should also increase your potassium intake and watch sodium.

the amino acid taurine 3-5 grams per day can also help significantly with all types of cramping (its an osmolyte)

I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA and I take 1,000 mg of Magnesium per day. this doseage is what my chiropractor reccommended. It is working very well for me and I do not have any problems from taking it. In fact my muscle pain has decreased tremendously- because magnesium helps to quickly repair muscle tissue.

NO, the RDA, which is the minimum (not maximum) amount necessary to prevent Mg deficiency symptoms, is around 300+ for women and 400+ for men. Very unlikely to ever get too much if you keep it under 1000mg daily and do NOT have any kidney issues. If you have a condition you are trying to help, I think 600mg is a good amount for a guy. JMHO