I am concerned with the size of my daughter's neck. I had thyroid cancer and had my thyroid removed last year. I always had a thick/wide looking neck but her's is shaped different. On the bottom section it looks almost like a bubble going around her neck. It protruded out almost looking like a fat ring. A boy in her class called her a turtle neck, so it is obvious and noticeable.

Hi there! You didn’t pose a question, so I am not sure what you wanted to know.
I am sorry that your daughter has to go through such an unpleasant problem at that age.

You didn’t say which type of thyroid tumor you had. There are four types: Papillary tumors, Follicular thyroid, Medullary tumors and Anaplastic tumors. Medullary tumors are hereditary. They affect thyroid cells that produce a hormone that does not contain iodine. These tumors grow slowly but are able to spread to other parts of the body and they make up only 5 % of all thyroid cancers. Every tenth medullary thyroid cancers is hereditary cancer. Those children that are at risk of developing medullary thyroid cancer due to inherited gene mutation could have thyroid gland removed in the childhood in order to prevent the cancer.

Other thyroid disorders like Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Graves' disease have a distinct genetic link like all other autoimmune disorders.

It would be best to consult a doctor about anything that concerns your daughter’s health and appearance and see if there was anything it could be done and if something’s the matter.

Hi there!! just came across this forum while I was searching for answers for all the questions I have about my fat neck... I have always been on the plumier side and off late turned obese. my BMI is almost 35 and I have a neck which is huge and it looks exactly the way you have explained in ur message... I have PCOS problem and have difficulties losing my weight and PCOS leads to type 2 diabetes...
So plss get your daughter checked with a gynec and an endocrine... which I assume you have done already... as the post is dated way back 2 years...