hey,
I am male, 34 and found a small lump in my neck, right above my colar bone. It is hard to touch, very small and I feel no pain when I touch it. It isn’t visible, I feel it when I squeeze the skin around it, that is how I noticed it. I heard that people get some kind of neck or throat cancer because lumps emerge in their throats. I am really concerned because of this. Do you think I have cancer? Nobody in family has it, so is it possible that I do?

Hey!
Of course it is possible you are the first in family that has cancer. Cancer is not only “hereditary” . it is very hard to say whether you have cancer or not, this should be examined by specialist, but there is a chance you have it, since as you said, throat cancer is caused by little lumps in throat. On the other side, this could be just a benign (not cancerous) cysts in your neck. These cysts are not dangerous and mostly are not even removed. Please note, that I do not have medical education! In every case, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR!!! As soon as possible! Wish you the best!

I had a friend who had found lump in the same place. I turned out to be lymphoma. GET IT CHECKED OUT> QUICKLY>I hope everything turns out ok

Please let us know that you went to have this checked out. I had the same symptom (plus some others that I chose to ignore) and was diagnosed with Lymphoma in May. Am finishing up my last radiation treatments this week, after also having chemo. It was a rough summer.
Pleas donot ignore the symptoms - hopefully it is not cancer, but you never know until you get it checked. I never in a million years would have suspected cancer.

I had the very same thing, and no-one in my family had cancer either. It ending up growing at a fast rate within weeks and turned out to be after a biopsy, Hodgkins lymphoma,
Systoms i experience to develope the level was nightsweats, itchiness, loss of appettite, fatigue etc,, make sure you kee and eye on it if it gets larger. Take care and let us know how you go.

hi,

iv been looking round on the net reading over all these symptoms etc with the lump on the neck and it seems like many people get it. just 3 days ago i noticed i had a lump on the back of my neck to the left hand side, i remember having it before though it went away within a few weeks, i never went to see a doctor then and am debating weither to visit now, Iv only just turned 19 and it really worrying, more so because a friend said it mite be cancerous and my dad died of cancer just 4 years ago.. i would be grateful for a a little bit of advice on the matter...

I found a lump of your EXACT description in my 2 year old son's neck yesterday. X-Ray's did not show enough to determine what it was. I am extremely concerned at this point. I hope you are ok, and please if you found anything out could you about your condition that could be helpful, please let me know. Good luck to you and God Bless. You can email me at _[removed]_

My mom has a lump on her neck and she already has lung cancer liver cancer and ovarian cancer she is going to the doctor today her doctors nurse said the lump could be a side affect of her inhaler that she has and she was using it too much and that is what the nures thinks is wrong will see i let you all know :-D

it was cancer :(

I have a small round lump to the left side of my neck just above my Adams apple, I went to the docs for something else but asked about it but they think its nothing and said it will go away. This was about 2-3 weeks ago and its still there so i think i will go doctors again.

You should change doctors.

Please do not ignore the lump you are talking about. My daughter is 22 and when she was 21 I noticed a lump on her neck and she thought that she had "strained" herself while carrying a car seat. Wrong! we found out that she had Hodgkins Lymphoma. She went through chemo/radiation and now we are hopeful she will be in remission. Don't ignore even the slightest lump, go get it checked out.

We are very concerned about a lump in the front of my grand daughters neck/throat (where an adam's apple would be) this is the second time it has risen. Last year they said it was a spider bite and treated it with antibiotics and steroids. Eventually, it went away but not before it turned red and then bruise like colors. Now a year later it is back and again it is very red and painful, she is also spiking fevers. They continue to tell us that they "Dont know what it is" any advice or answers are greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at