Hello! For more than two weeks I have had this lump on my neck. I can’t realize the possible reason for it to be there. It doesn’t hurt but is soft and it sort of moves when I touch it. There isn’t a history of cancer in our family but I would still like to know what the neck cancer symptoms are. Thx!!!!

Hi there! You do realize that not all lumps are cancer, right? But, it is true that
cancers that begin in the head or neck usually spread to lymph nodes in the neck before they spread elsewhere. Lump (or lumps) in the neck can be the first sign of cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, thyroid gland, or of certain lymphomas or blood cancers. Symptoms of the neck cancer are: persistent pain in the throat; pain or difficulty with swallowing; persistent hoarseness or a change in voice; pain in the ear and bleeding in the mouth or throat. Your lump could be also a sign of infection but as it lasts fro over two weeks, maybe you should check it out.