Hello! My son is six years old and he has several swollen lymph nodes on his neck. I am very concerned about this because I have read in some medical magazine that this can be symptom of lymphoma. Please tell me that I am not right! I am very frightened and I need really urgent reply. Thank you in advance!

Hello! You should not be paranoid. Lymphoma can be cause, but I really doubt you’re your child has it. Sometimes children get swollen nodes from no reason and they pass without problems. Swollen nodes can be caused because of some infection: sore throat, cold, viral infection, bacterial infection, cold, rubella, tonsillitis, etc. I think that it would be best if you visit pediatrician. I am sure that doctor will tell you after tests what cause of swollen nodes on the neck are.

Hi there,
The swollen lymph nodes on the back might indicated lymphoma but there are few more symptoms that characterize lymphoma. When you have lymphoma your lymph nodes don’t swell just on your neck, but on your chest and abdomen as well. So before making quick conclusions try to find more symptoms of lymphoma. You have to know that lymph nodes in neck swell in case of sinus problems or if your child has flu, so lymphoma is not only condition that might cause welling of the lymph nodes in the neck. Does your child have any problems with sinuses or have you noticed anything that might indicate flu? If the lymph nodes last for several days it would be wise to see a doctor.

sWOLLEN lYMPH nODES IN 6 YEAR OLD CHILD FOR 3 MONTHS ANTIBIOTICS DID NOT HELP. All blodd work came back negative and cat can came back normal doctor is going to remove in 3 days. and biopasy it. I am worried sick as to what this could be.

CDevicchio - how is your child? Did the doctor remove and biopsy? What happened? My 7 year old daughter has swollen glands all over her neck and chin area, and behind her ears. Also her eyes are puffy. Not sure what it is, going to the doctor this morning.

well their is a lump i feel in my neck, on the back,t little far under my ear, on my right side, When I turn my neck the oppsite direction, i feel the lump, more probably see it, I just want to know is it suposed to be like that, or is it cancer?