My husband was diagnoised this past Jan with stage 3 with some 4. It is in the right thalamus of the brain , so inoperable. He started Ration in March and completed 33 treatment along with Temodar. He is now doing triple the dose of Temodar for 5 days on 23 days off.The tumor is stable amd there is a new growth which they are watching as we get a MRI done every other month. He is very weak and realizes he is getting worse. Hands shakes to the point he can not write anymore and sometimes hard to hols a glass in his hands. Lost 20 pounds and is shrinking. He has ask the doctors his prognosis, but they go around it and don't answer the question. I would like to know the stage he may go through or what are some things I should expect while he is going through this horrible cancer.

Anaplastic Astrocytoma as graded by WHO-III, if in operable, is a matter of concern, since it constantly exert pressure in the affected area leading to various complications, Radiotherapy regarded as much beneficial treatment compared to chemo. The combination still holds better result. Once affected by such tumors the quality of life bound be de-grading, however the treatment would increase the survival rate but would not improve the quality of life.

I am looking for information, too. My daughter had radiation for several brain lesions, including one in the thalamus, in the summer of 2009. The area in the thalamus started growing again, and in September of 2010 she had a biopsy which showed grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma. She is 28. She has multiple problems including tiredness, forgetfulness, incontinence, balance problems and the left side affected like a stroke. We, also, wonder what to expect. She had radiation in the past and chemotherapy in the past twice for an optic glioma, and her body did not respond well to chemotherapy. She was missing more chemo sessions that she was getting, because her counts were so low, so the chemo was finally discontinued after a blood transfusion (seems like she had two transfusions). We are using a lot of natural supplements, and her mind is more clear than before we started them.
I hope you get the information that will be helpful to you. Right now I have more questions than answers. I wish I had answers for you.

Hi! My husband was diagnosed with same condition this past December, went through the same treatment and just wondering how things turned out for your husband? I just want an answer and the drs can't tell me anything