Hi. I'm 29 year old mother and I'm really worried for my only daughter. You see, she’s only 8 years old and never really had any skin problem nor did I.
About four days ago I have noticed that she has some small red patches on her skin. I thought it was just some temporary irritation and didn’t pay too much attention on it.
But yesterday terrible thing has happened- she woke up covered with grey, pearl-like painless lesions. I took her immediately to see a dermatologist which took skin biopsy and told us that he suspects it could be Molluscum Contagiosum. What should I know about this disorder in children?

Hello. I was diagnosed with this skin disease last year and I have read almost everything there was about it. Molluscum Contagiosum is in fact one viral disease caused by a virus that is a member of the poxvirus family.
You shouldn’t worry about your daughter’s age because this is a common infection in children. The most common localizations of skin lesions are face, neck, arm pit, arms, and hands but the truth is that there is no rule. I will tell you something about the possible treatment.
In people with normal immune systems, especially teenagers -the disorder usually disappears by it self within about 2 - 3 months but complete recovery often occur after 6-8 months.