I posted this, then the website had me join. I am not sure my first question went through.

I had questioned...

My Son was diagnosed at 2 months of age with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. I have know since that time there is a tumor we had to watch for growth. Now at age 16, it appears this has happened. He had been seizure free for 12 years, but had a seizure February 16th. Since then, he has has "sick spells" about once a week in the morning.

We took him to Iowa City and after an MRI, found that there is a 1cm tumor in left foramen of Monro causing minimal shift of the septum pellucidum. However the MRI results do state no hydrocephalus. We see a neurosurgeon on Tuesday and I am assuming at this point, he will most likely require surgery.

I wanted to get an idea of how long he will be in the hospital and how long his recovery at home would be. I do understand it will very depending on procedure and complications, but am trying to get an idea.

Also in a case like this, would radiation and Chemo still be a possibility?

Thanks for any help!

Your son's surgeon would be the best person to answer this question. He has a duty to explain everything to you.