hello. I need more information on avm's in brain. I have searched many places and found information.............this was found in feb. this yr. and the neurosurgeon has scheduled another MRI for august. He did not tell me much at all, but posed me an odd question which was "how many more years do you want to live....about 10? I said no, at least 20....He didn't say anything else....just changed the subject, and started talking about another MRI in six months.........................Now, tell me something. I guess I was not thinking or I would have asked more questions.........but I was already upset, just knowing this thing is in my brain. I am having a few problems that are related to this, but nothing I can't handle right now anyway. Does anyone out there have any problems like this? Would appreciate some feedback...thanks

You need to get a 2nd and 3rd opionion and see the BEST NEURO YOU CAN AFFORD !! It sounds like that guy has already given up on you- neuro's are not superheros they make mistakes and misdiagnose- -if you think you had a AVM then get your butt to a really good doctor and order him to do tests- you have to take control of your healthcare.

:-( my dauther just died of an avm, which we did not know she had, she died as quickly as we found out what she had. Her husband thought she was having a migrain, than a stroke. She was 25 has left her husband and 2 year old and a whole greaving family. She complained about headach's we though is was normal. When thy got worse she didn't tell anyone. We did the best with what little we knew about AVM's your lucky that you can investigate it and please do. My youngest daughter and myself have just gone for a MRA, hoping all comes out okay.

Yes, do go to the doctor and get and understand ALL the options. I survived a bleed of a Brain AVM in 1993. It is possible that it could blow at any time, but as one ages, it becomes less likely. I was 47 at the time. Personally, I just came to terms with it and went on to live  my life. Let's face it .. life its self is a gamble. Just enjoy each day as it comes and don't let it take control of your life. As of late, I have come to discover that there are far more slow and painful ways to die.