For many years I have suffered with severe migraines behind my left eye, that have gotten progressivly worse over the years. I have also experienced extreme facial hair growth, weight gain, anxiety, depression, mood swings, memory problems, and vision disturbance. About a month ago I finally had enough and went to a doctor because I can no longer control the headaches with medication. I was sent for an MRI which showed a tumor on my pituitary gland. The Endocrinologist I was referred to recognized my symptoms commonly relating to a hormone abundance, or deficiancy caused by the tumor, or possible cushings disease. Recent tests have revealed that the tumor is not producing hormones and that Cushings has been ruled out. My symptoms are not caused by the tumor. I do not understand how this can be. What is causing the symptoms. He is sending me to a Neurologist for further evaluation. He did explain that they may not remove or do anything with the tumor if it is not producing hormone. My question is, how can I have all of the symptoms of a hormone producing tumor and it not being the cause. I am very confused. If anyone has something similar, please let me know. %-)

While the tumor itself may not be producing hormone, it can certainly have an affect on the hormonal axis. I had a pituitary adenoma measured at .9cm by a dozen different MRI scans over a year period that did supress my testosterone production but my endocrinologist found it pretty easy with a complete blood screen.

I would still see the neurologist to determine if it is manifesting any other symptoms but as you stated it does sound like your hormonal balance is out of control. I'd try to see another endocrinologist and explain your case and see if you can have another blood screen done to check all your levels.

Good luck to you and I hope you can find appropriate care for your condition. Don't give up and don't settle for what just 1 physician tells you, its your body and your health.

Ive been going threw something a little different but close. I have attacks where my heart races, chest pain, headaches,diarehaa,vomitting,weight loss, mood swings, depression after the attacks and such. I was told have a adrenial tumor thats active and its causing this to happen. i've been battling this for over 2 yrs , having drs tell me its cancer its not cancer to your dying to theres nothing wrong with me. they just did a mibg scan on me and told me i dont need surgery but yet im sicker then ever. ive lost over 70lbs i cant eat, sleep or anything but yet i dont need surgery.