Ran my first (of many I hope) Marathon this past weekend... I ran the Columbus Marathon... I was the third best day of my life: 1st being born, 2nd asking my future wife to marry me. The day was perfect high 30s to start not a cloud in the sky and warmed to low 50s by fininsh. Started out right on pace @ 9:00min (looking for a sub 4:00) Ran without any issues and saw my family and friends @ all the spots. Miles 19-21 were a little rough however I never stopped or had doubt. As I made the final turn towards the finish I spotted the finish and got severe tunnel vison and somehow my legs got a mind of their own and began to sprint (@ least thats what I thought) I locked in on the finish and ran to the end... The offical clock had my time 4:00:40, but my garmin and the ending results via timing chip was... 3:58:48!!!!! I made it and can't wait until the next one! Thanks for all the advise! :wavey:

congratulations on your finish, that's a great time!

Good job, congratulations on getting your goal. I love that feeling. :) Keep up the good work.

Congrats!

If you had to give one piece of training advice to others, what would it be?

I guess my advise to a new runner is always keep your goal in mind... If doubt enters you mind go for a run and push it out. I got really nervous the day before, but once I got on the start line it was all gone... Use your own watch because the timers along the course are from the time the gun went off not the time when you started. My time was about 2 mins different. Keep you head up and always think of the finish! Good luck!

Congratulations on running under 4 hours!