First off, let me say, I'm wearing my finishers t-shirt and medal, and I didn't have to mug some poor, tired marathoner to get it. I could not have asked for a better day. It was about 30 at the start, sunny, and just beautiful. The course had great support, lots of water stops, bands, crowds...I had a blast!!!

We did a great job keeping our 5 hour pace until about mile 16 where one of my running partners knee really began to hurt, so we pulled back a bit. It got to the point where I'd run ahead, run back to get her, run with her a bit, run ahead...I'm sure you get the picture(I'm counting this as at least 28 miles :D . ) I even ran backwards some, and that really helps! By mile 22, we were just crawling. I had given up on the running ahead, and my ego was bruised when she would walk beside me as I ran, but my goal was to run the blasted thing (except for water stops, which I tended to walk a bit longer the farther we went) We had made a pact that we'd run our own race, but I was having too much fun with her, and the other guy we were running with (who had done a long run of 8 miles) and decided that we'd trained for 22 weeks together, we'd stay together. Besides, now I should be able to blow this PR away. Plus, there was no guarantee that I wouldn't have kept running and crashed anyway. We laughed the whole time, it was too much fun.

So, the very unrespectable time was somewhere around 5:50, which I would normall be too ashamed to admit, but I had such a great time, I just don't care right now. Next one, I'll worry about the time, but I bet I won't have as much fun. Never hit the wall (how could you at that pace), never felt tired, could have kept running at the finish. The good thing about finishing that slow is there aren't tons finishing with you.

Thank you all for being so very supportive and kind. I love this place, and really don't think I would have done this without you guys!

Congrats for finishing, you did a great job

WoooHooo...you did it! I think it's great you stayed together...good memories...great weather hey?

CONGRATS MARATHONER!!! :dance2: You finished and did what sounds like twice the work!! Way to go!!! It sounds a lot like the marathon I ran, maybe not the winning time but a great time and no wall. I say :thumbsup: to that! You and I need to plan our second marathons for the same time and we'll blow our PR's out of the water Congrats, you've earned that medal! Now relaz and EAT! :banana:

Time doesn't matter...finishing does. So...

WELCOME TO THE CLUB

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Good report and a great job. :cheers: :bowdown:

Congratulations on your fantastic finish....way to stick with your friend too. :thumbsup:

Kattzoo hits no wall and runs pain free -- that is awesome.

WAY TO GO! :coach:

To paaraphrase Alan - when you finish a 'thon, any time is a good time. You and all the others who've run their first marathons in the past few months are an encouragement and inspiration for those of us who have theirs coming up. A BIG HONKIN' CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU !!!

Woo hoo Marathoner kattzoo!! YOU DID IT! Congrats

Way to go, Kathleen!! YOU DID IT!!! I was thinking about you this morning and hoping all went well. You know, some people just don't get how cool it is to do the Stick Like Glue thing and stay with a friend. I'm really impressed that you do--you were always way cool but you just rose up a couple pegs, Missy!!! Now go eat whatever you want---you earned it, you marathoner!!!

Great job Kattzoo! The first one is always special!

well done!

Way.To.Go!

Congratuations Kat on running and finishing your marathon!
You've got to be proud and crossing that finish line must have been great!
Super job!

welcome to the club

We laughed the whole time, it was too much fun.

The absolute first time evah did a marathon report contain such an image! You're one in a million Kat! Congrats and big kudos on being a stickie with your running pal. I'm sure it meant the world to her.

WOOHOO!!!! You rock! Congratulations Kattzoo! The memories you now have of sticking with your friend and having such a great time mean so much more than minutes on a clock.