This was my first half marathon so I didn't know what to expect. I knew I could do it because of my training runs but the question was wether or not my knee would be giving my problems. I woke up at 5:00 am and got dressed. Then headed down to pick up my number. It appears they had a huge crowd this year withh 1050 runners registered for this race. I pick up my number and sit down and do a little stretching when all sudden my back knots up........Thank god for Aleve! The race begins at 7:45am. The gun sounds and we're off! The first mile is down in 9:20. We turn off the main road and head up the trail. What a site 1000+ people packed on a 2 lane trail. Hit the 4 mile mark and my right knee starts to hurt.....I'm thinking to myself great just what I need. I push through the pain and around the 6 mile marker I get into a groove and the pain goes away. I hit the 10 mile mark at 1:31:20 and I know I got a sub 2hr run going if I can keep the pace.....I have a half mile to go and I decide to push it as hard as I can! with .2 miles left I go into a sprint and cross the finish line at 1:58:30! after I cross the line I am handed a medal for finishing the race and head to grab a bananna and the T-Shirt for the race!

:coach: Good job!

suh-weet. i heard of this but think i could never run without hills. i need to change things up or i'll fall asleep, or wonder off to go look at the butterflies, or, HEY look, A TURTLE!!! ADD is such a....ooh look a butterfly....

good job and congrats on the sub 2

:fubby: Excellent time for your first 1/2 marathon!! Congratulations!! That seemed like a huge crowd too ( at least to me) for a race too! Nice race report!!!!!

First half, and under two hours. A good sign for the future. Well done!

excellent first half congratulations!

Thanks all!! I get my real test on Thanksgiving with the Atlanta Half Marathon that runs the Olympic course! It should be a great challenge!

Excellent, congrats on the sub 2. :thumbsup:

Excellent first half

Good race Bill.

So good! I'm glad you made it in under 2 hrs. Maybe I'll be able to make it out to that race next year.

Excellent job! Congrats on your 1st marathon! :cheers:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sub-2 on your first time deserves a big hhoooooowwaaaah :thumbsup:

Great job! I hope you're hooked now. I love the half, it's such a perfect distance.