I'm getting ready to do my 3rd half. Every training plan I've looked at so far has you stop your long runs at around 11 miles (with the promise that on race day the extra 2.1 miles won't be that big of a deal).

I did this for my first two races and sure enough, around mile 11, I started to die.

Maybe it's just mental, but I think I could improve my endurance (and my time) if I run the full distance a couple of times pre race day.

Any thoughts? What has worked for you?

I say to be in the best condition for it, run several long runs over 13 miles. I think the only time you don't want to run further than you will in the race is for marathon training and beyond, because running that far will take too much out of you.

Long runs in the 15 to 16 mile range (or up to 2 hours duration) during 1/2M training has worked for me...it not only prepares you physically but mentally, you'll feel more confident to tackle the distance.
Mileage helps too...I've ran quite decent halfs while plugging away at high mileage weeks for a marathon.
Also, if you want to improve your 1/2M performance I recommend tempo running to boost your stamina along with intervals for speed.

Is there a good way to tell what your Lactate Threshold is without having to get tested? My heart rate monitor is broken at the moment (someday, when I have money, I'll replace it).

I've been doing Intervals on Tuesdays, and Tempos on Thursdays (with easy runs ~ 3 miles MWF) and my long runs on Sundays.

So far I'm up to 8 miles for my long runs. (I felt good when I finished.) I may do another week or two at that distance before increasing it. Is there a way to make sure I'm not increasing the distance too much, too fast?

Half marathon for sure! I would run 15-16 miles a few times through your training.

Your tempos are ran at or close to your lactate threshold...The value of your LT is best determined in an exercise physiology lab...however you can tell that you are running at LT when your breathing becomes 'comfortably hard' (hard but still rhythmic and controlled)...you should not feel any burning sensation in your legs (sign of lactic acid overload) otherwise you are running too hard.
When is the date of your goal race and what goal time are you shooting for? And how many mpw are you running? You can probably increase your long run distance by a mile each week (though do cut back every 3 weeks or so) until you max out at the appropriate distance. Other than that your week seems well structured enough...

There is some good advice in here already regarding the half marathon, but here are my thoughts anyway:

If you are doing your first half and your only goal is to finish it, then doing a long run of up to 11 miles is just fine. That'll give you enough to get through the last 2.1.

Now, if you've been running for a while and want to see how well you can run a half (at whatever level you are at) I would recommend having several runs of longer than your race distance. Some 13 mile runs, some 15 mile runs and that should give you a decent base for a half.

Mech is right, unless your race is marathon distance or longer, you generally want to have run farther than the race distance a few times. I'd say that's a good rule of thumb for any distance under 20 miles. I did a 25k in September that I wish I had done some 18 milers to help prepare for, but I kind of rushed into that race so I could do it. Last couple of miles suffered.

The longest runs I run are 14-16 miles in preparation for a half-marathon. Also, about 5 weeks before the event, I run alternating weeks of long progression and long easy runs. The first long progression run is a 90 minute run with the last 3-4 miles at half marathon pace. The following week is a 2 hour easy run. Then there is a 14 mile progression run of 7 miles easy with the last 4-5 miles at half marathon pace. Then another long easy 2 hour run. The week before the half marathon, I run 8 miles with the last 3 miles at half marathon pace followed by 2 miles easy.

10 out of 10 "blueskies"
What you describe are GREAT TRAINING SESSIONS. I wonder how many here practice their RACE PACE?
Not the quick sessions where you train at faster than race pace. Not your longer runs when we tend to run at about 70/ 80%.
No wonder pace becomes confusing when it comes to racing.
We only have to read 'Racing and training Tales' to hear how "runner A" went out too fast and "runner B' was too conservative early.

I'm shooting for a time of 1:30, a little less than 7:00/mile. My previous half was about 7:30/mile. (but I ended up walking the last couple of miles) I'll be happy with anthing between 1:30 and 1:35 (Actually, I'm happy just running, but this at least gives me a goal!)

Currently, I'm running about 35 mpw.

I voted for none of the above...

I love 20Ks. Maybe because I did well on the 20K and killed myself on the half...