In the last 5 months, I've been having two periods a month - the first will be somewhat light and the other heavier. Now this month, I have been spotting for over 9 days and I feel some pain. Prior to this my periods were normal, of course, that's after I stopped using the Depo-shot. i don't know if this abnormality is do to the contraceptive or not. i already checked with my doctor and she thought that it was a tyroid or stress problem but it isn't. I have asked her to referred to the OBGYN, but she refuses cause of my insurance. I am very concerned with this problem...if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.
this is my email incase anyone has any information that can be helpful.

Hi there,

If you have just come off the depo shot, I don't care what any doctor says...it is due to the shot. Your body was used to not having a period, so it will take you a while to get back to normal. It can take up to 1 year for it to become normal again. Do not worry. I hope this helps!

hello guys.. im from phils.. i have 2 kids already. since i work in a call center, this is my first time to have irregularities on my menstrual period. for 3 months, my period never came and then after that, till now, im still having my menstrual period and its almost a month of continuous period. its not really heavy, somewhat normal though. im just scared since its my first time to experience this one. any help pls? any ideas?

hi,
i am having a similar situation. in November of last year i strted taking seasonal bc pills, (take for 3 months w/ o period, get a period and repeat) on my second 3 month pack- in the 3rd month i started having my period. had it for 2-3 weeks. doctor said it was normal for "breakthrough bleeding". i was un happy with the unexpected "breakthrough bleeding" so i stopped. years ago i was on depo for 3 years and never once got a period while on it. so i decided to go with depo -I then switched to depoprevera in march i got the 1st shot. had regular monthly period march april may. i was scheduled for 2nd shot on june 3rd. i started spotting on june 1st, received my shot on the 3rd, and have been bleeding ever since. NOW over 2 months straight no breaks! went from spotting the begining of june, to regular period, to heavy period, and now its a light period (too much to wear a liner, enough to wear a pad or tampon) my doctor says its "normal"!!! there is no place in my mind where i can connect 2month long period being normal...PLEASE HELP with any info on how to stop this, or what i can do.. home remedies, medication, anything!!!!!
i am due for my shot the last week in august- seriously doubting getting it.. ya think?