Hi. I'm 23 years old and I'm already having my menstrual periods over than six years.
Most of the time I had really regular periods and I didn’t have any complaints on it. Some of my friends did have some problems with shorter or heavier menstrual bleeding, but, I could say was very lucky because I experienced none of these symptoms.
I'm sorry to say, but this isn’t true any more because, in past three or four months, I started to suffer from some prolonged menstrual periods.
This worries me a lot because this isn’t something women often suffer in the beginning of their menstrual periods, but something that occurred six years later.
Please, someone tell me what could cause this?

You are right about one thing; prolonged menstrual bleeding in that stadium isn’t so harmless.
But, sometimes woman hormones do not act by the rules and they could cause this prolonged menstrual bleeding. If this is your case, than your problems will probably disappear in a month or two.
If this doesn’t happen than you might consider other possible causes of your prolonged menstrual periods.
I will try to name some of the most common causes of prolonged menstrual bleeding and some of them are: anovulation (failure of ovaries to produce, mature, or release eggs), endometrial polyps (the endometrium is the inner lining of the uterus), endometrial hyperplasia (thickening of the uterine wall) and cancers.
Best thing for you is to contact your gynecologist and let him to determine the right cause because, it is the only way to be sure.

good day.

normal menstruation is when you have it each 23 - 32 day. and it lasts for 7 days the most. otherwise, your body is trying to tell you that you are dealing with several issues that need to be examined.  there are a couple of reasons for a prolonged period. for example, some of the main irregularities occur because of changes in hormone levels, especially estrogen. as you already know, estrogen is a hormone that helps build up the uterine lining. when I had some problems with it, a doctor gave me some pills that helped my period to be normal again. maybe you need to have those too. 

I agree, you should contact your GYN for futher observations, I had the same symtoms when i was around 22 years old and now 10 years later they are worst. My advise is to get more than one opinion. Unfortunately, I didn't, and I suffering now because of it. I have ovarian cysts, and uterian fibroids. I have severe pain and horrible bleeding every month. Please see your GYN, soon.

Sincerly,

Mrs Franks

:'( I dont know whats going on but the past 2 months i have been on a heavy Menstrual cycle! I am a type 1 Diabetic and i am freaking out! My stress is through the roof(as usual) and i was just in a car accident and am currently on percocet for the pain, do any of these play a roll in my menstrual issues? What could be wrong...and could it be something serious?

i'm almost 26 years old. i first started menstruating when i was 12 years old. it has almost always been regular. i often suffere from cramps so severe that i have fainting spells, but other than that, it's always been on time and always been about 6 days long.

all of a sudden, something very odd is going on and i'm getting really scared.
i started my period 33 days ago, and it has not stopped.
bleeding for 33 days can't be a good thing..
i'm not taking any new medications, i haven't changed my eating habits, i have no new stresses in my life. everything is as per usual.
i don't know what could be going on. any ideas?

I am nearly 21 and i started my periods when i was 14, they have always been pretty regular and normal but the last few months i have been having 2 periods a month and they have been really light and lasting around 10 days. im really sick of it! i have seen my doctor and all tests have come back clear.....so what is it??? ive been told to lose weight...and basicly the doctor is blaming it on that...but ive always been on the chubby side. it just doesnt seem like thats the problem and just an easy excuse to get me out of the doctors. if there is anyone else out there that has had this...please help!

Im nearly 21 and always used to have regular periods. A few months ago i started to have 2 periods a month and they are really light and each last for around 10 days.

i have been to the doctors and had tests done and they all came back clear. The doctor has blamed my weight for the problem but i feel this is an excuse becasue ive always been a size 14!

If there is anyone out there that has or had this problem, id love to hear about it, its really upsetting me and feel like the only one.

thanks

For the 26 year old that has had her period for 33 days... I am in the same boat as you and i am also scared... I got my period 23 days ago... very light, then heavy, now light but black and its not going away!! I called my doctor and she said since this is the first time this has happened and i have no pain what so ever that i just need to watch it. I made an appointment for my annual anyways which is in two weeks... so if i find anything else out i will post!!

thanks

My period has been on for about two months now. I really want to know what's going on, I'm only 20 years old and this has happened about 4 times now. When I first got my period I was about 11yrs old, It was regular and I didn't have any problems. Then I was put on birth control when I was 13, it started to be irregular. I took them for a couple of months then i stopped taking them. Two years later I became pregnant and then I was on depo. I only got the shots like 2 times. After that, I didn't have a period for a year. Then they started again but irregular, come on a month skip a month, and now this. I really need some answers >:(

Hey everone. I am 19, and my periods are totally meesing up! I first got my period when I was probably 11-12, and they were pretty normal, I would be late only a few days but that was it.

I had gotten married when I was 17 years old and after that I became very irregular! It started out as I would skiip a month, and it happened. THen skip 2 months and maybe I would spot alittle. And it has become really bad that I haven't gotten my period in over 7 months!!!

All tests say negative, even pregnancy, but all of a sudden I think I got my period but it seems really thick as if it is trying to come out and it is a deep brown color! And it is REAL stinky!

Do any of you know what is wrong? If you do, please e-mail me at _[removed]_

-------------------
Thank you

i am also on pain meds and i have periods 2 times a month which is almost constant for the last 3 months, is this dangerous? :(

Hello. I am experiencing the exact same thing that you are. It is now Feb. 8th, and I have been having a light, but non painful period since Christmas. I was just curious what you found out when you went for your annual. Please, this is really scaring me! If you dont mind, email me at _[removed]_. I would really be interesting in finding out what is causing this. Thanks

same thing. I am scared. I had a flu type symptoms went to the doctor and they tested but negative. said that I probably had some other flu virus. gave me antibiotics and sent me home. I started my period a few days early on Jan 31st (after getting over the flu) and haven't stopped yet. (Feb 14, 07) I am 34 yrs old. Always had normal periods, every 21 days. They always lasted 4-7 days. I have had 2 c-sections, one vaginal delivery. I haven't had a pap since my son was born 2 1/2 years ago. I am very worried. I was put on Lexapro for anxiety in December but was on for a month and stopped taking them. I started seeing bruises all over my body and 3-4 rashes on my legs that looked like eczema. I got worried and stopped taking them abruptly. Could this be the cause? I don't know. I am very scared. You can't really go to the doctor until the bleeding stops for an exam. What do I do?

amberboogy wrote:

interested80 wrote:

thanks

If you guys have found out anything, could please post any information that you have. It would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.