I am 20 years old and am starting to get bad varicose veins in both legs. My occupatio doesnt help because I am a Nurse and a Bartender and i am always on my feet. I excercise at least 5 days a week and have been taking omega3 vitamins because its said to promote circulation. But now i'm self conscious of them because on both outter calves it looks like i'm bruised. And the veins are popping out. My legs are heavy feeling and achy and recently always look swollen by the end of the day and even when i wake up in the morning. Any suggestions for promoting circulation weither it be a specific exercise and vitamins or specific food/ vegatables i can incorporate in my diet. i was looking up procedures but i woud rather try natural things first. please help

Compression socks or stockings may help. They can be purchased online or at the supermarket. When you are home, try to keep your feet elevated as often as you can.

I read that if you lay on a bed with your back on the bed and your leg up on a wall for a few minutes a day it helps.

I have the same issue, started when I was 19. Turned out I have blood clotts in my legs, not saying you do but wouldnt hurt to have it checked :)

I have have those viens since I was 20 aswell and am now 33, the problem normally is hereditary and sorry to say ongoing. I started getting them at 20 as I was a hairdresser standing for long periods. I have had them treated twice and now need it done again. The first procedure (at 21)  I had was stripping, (I DON'T RECOMMEND). In this procedure you are operated on and the viens are stripped from top to bottom using a rod inside your leg, I was left with scares that are still visable today. The second at 26 was Scerotherapy in which they do an ultrasound on your legs to correctly locate the viens and check for blood clots. They then move down your legs injecting the solution directly into the problem viens, this is not painful as the niddle is so fine its just alittle sting. The solution then inflames the vien wall causing the bodies natural reaction to shut the vien off by collapsing the vien. You then wear conpression stockings for 2 weeks  (Medical ones not from the supermarket) that keep the vien tight and shut and you must walk an hour a day which you can break up into two 30 min walks. the stockings come off and the vien is smaller feels hard and looks like a bruise. This gradually fades away because the body treats the vien like a sore which heals. I found this by far the best and least painful way to treat them but here are some facts. Your prone to veins so they will keep coming back :( but treat them earlier, wear support stocking while you work, stay within your healthy body weight, eat healthy greens, try to give up smoking, limit acohol, walk everyday for 30 mins this really will help your viens by strenghtening the muscles in your legs, avoid long standing try to sit when you can and advise your boss/manager that this is a problem for you and maybe effecting others and remember this 1 out of 3 people will suffer from varicose veins so your not alone on this (unfortunatley your young) and you will more than likely be managing it for life. Medical treatment has come along way and treatments are normally rebated to you under health cover or government medical assistance.  I would also like to mention the hope of natural fixes as some of you have mentioned may only assist they will not stop or treat varicous veins you will require medical treatment... hope that helps.