I'm a 16-year old girl and I have these red varicose vein-looking things on my legs, breasts, hips and arms. What are these? I went to my doctor and she told me to wear TED stockings, but what is TED? My friends would laugh at me if they saw these veins; I don’t know any teen girl with varicose vein.

The opaque elastic stockings will hide the marks, but that doesn’t answer your questions. From what you wrote, these red marks do not sound like varicose veins. It sounds to me more like stretch marks. Varicose veins are deep veins, in the legs, that can’t pump blood very well and therefore become swollen and are quite rare in teenagers. They do not occur in the locations you describe. Stretch marks occur very often at puberty and in exactly those areas thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms. I have them on my breasts and hips and I don’t know what to do with them.

im 16 as well and i have them in all the places you said i think its because im on the pill. Since i went on the pill i started getting them everywhere and i also got stretch marks on my boobs thighs and legs :'-( ive looked all over the internet and i think there's not much you can do unless you get schelortherapy or something where they inject them with a saline needle and it collapses the vein but they can re appear and you ll have to get it done every 1 to 3 years plus its expensive and hows a teen meant to get that money? :-( i have gross blue veins all over me too it sucks! be thankful u only have them little veins..

well good luck

its good to know im not the only one

I have the blue veins on the back of my legs, and I'm only 17, the blue veins, whatever they are called, are quite annoying... especially when I want to wear dresses or skirts. I'd like to find out how to get rid of them without the procedure, possibly naturally, but I really don't care as long as they are gone, please if anyone has any info on how to get rid of them....please post...

Hi I have vericose veins too and I am only 17. I am super self conscious of my legs all the time. I wear the support stockings but they don't help with how ugly they are! I saw on a website that apple cider vinegar helps with getting rid of them but I tried and it did not work. Now my vein is worse and my mom will not let me see the doctor. So I understand how you all are upset, because I am too! Insurance sometimes covers sclerotherapy. Mine is on the back of my right leg starting at the knee and continues upwards. I really wish I could get rid of it somehow!

I'm 15 and I have red veins all over my thighs and hips, and they've begun to appear on my calves. So far, none of these red veins have appeared anywhere above my waist. From what I've read, it could be the same, but it looks a bit different.