Hi! I have serious problem with varicose veins on my legs. I did everything I can to prevent them from getting worse. But now I feel aching pain and constant discomfort. My doctor told me that I should go to sclerotherapy. I’m asking can varicose veins return after treatment? Thank you!

I also had serious problem with my legs veins. My doctor advised me to go to laser surgery and I had it five months ago. Now I’m satisfied. I can tell you that the treatments for varicose veins, like vein stripping, laser surgery or sclerotherapy, are highly successful. However, it's possible that varicose veins can recur.

I have had sclerotherapy, I was told it would take about 3 treatments . I had gotten up to 14 treatments and they where never all gone. I had dark marks on my legs and by the time the marks had gone the veins came back so it was a waste of money for me. Next I tryed laser and had blisters, they left me with marks which was worse than the veins and it hurt. So I gave up as I felt I was wasting my money and they gIve me no guarantee, and I could see no end to treatment. I ended up the same as I started, I went to a place called "Vein Solutions". Now I try to hide and cover them up.

I had my veins stripped in 1998. Doc said there was a 75% chance of them returning in approx. 5 years. They did, worse than ever. Now they hurt and they get real warm in spots. I refuse to wear short shorts in the summer, always capri's.